News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin crashes Lackey at startup...

Started by Kraetyz, July 29, 2013, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraetyz

... and it's not intended, either! I'm trying to use Lackey to create a prototype for a kind-of-UNO-esque game that I'm working on, and it's not working out quite as well as I want. As soon as I try to load the plugin (which Lackey now does at start-up) the client crashes unexpectedly and I can't get anywhere. I followed the plugininfo/make a plugin tutorials as well as I could, but chances are pretty high I missed something. I've attached a zip with all my (very few) files.

I apologize in advance for the extremely un-tabbed plugininfo.

//Krae

EDIT: To clarify, I am running this on Mac OSX in case it makes a difference.

Gordon228

what plugin version is it and whats the name you need thos at least the name for your plugin to work

Trevor

You don't have a plugininfo.txt file.

Yours is .rtf. Your card data file is also not plain text. Your test card image and your cardback.jpg should be the same dimensions.

Kraetyz

... Great. OSX is telling me that they are plain .txt files, but I guess it's lying to me about that. Fixing it right now, thanks for the catch. :)

There, I think I fixed it. Now to tr-nope. I fixed the preferences in stupid Mac TextEdit to only create plain text txt files. I've got the plugininfo.txt, the carddata.txt, pluginpreferences.txt (that was spawned automatically, I'm not sure but I think that's an improvement maybe?), a cardback.jpg, spawned.jpg and R1.jpg, all of which being the same size and the cardback and spawned being in the sets/setimages/general while R1 is in sets/setimages/whack.

The client still crashes on start-up.

//Krae, can't wait to buy a real computer and not have to deal with OSX

EDIT: I realized what Gordon228 said and I added a name (and version). It did not help. :(

EDIT2: Does it have to do with the fact that both my Deck and my Discard are shared decks? Maybe?

Trevor

<plugin>
<pluginversion>2.0</pluginversion>
<pluginname>whack</pluginname>

<playerstat><label>Health</label><initialvalue>3</initialvalue></playerstat>

<deckzone><label>Deck</label><gamezonetoloadto>Deck</gamezonetoloadto><shuffle>yes</shuffle></deckzone>
<gamezone><label>Hand</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Deck</label><isshared>yes</isshared></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Discard</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner><visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers><isshared>yes</isshared></gamezone>

<phase><label>Challenge</label></phase>
<phase><label>Play Card (Facedown)</label></phase>
<phase><label>Reveal!</label></phase>
<phase><label>Clean-Up</label></phase>
<phase><label>Switch Open Card</label></phase>

<generalfunction><label>Roll D20</label><kind>ROLLD20</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw</label>
<kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
<sourceowner>shared</sourceowner>
<sourcegamezone>Deck</sourcegamezone>
<destinationgamezone>Hand</destinationgamezone>
<destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
<includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

</plugin>

That loads fine for me. If it doesn't, make sure you're really saving as plain text. Mac's Text Edit is the app I use for that, so I know it works if you do it right. Under format menu, Make Plain Text.

You had "includesabutton" instead of "includeasbutton".

I just realized that I had a bug (which I have since fixed and didn't post) where if you didn't use ANY buttons at the bottom of the table OR any game zones, then Lackey would crash. As a temporary fix, just do so, which I think is what you were trying to do any way.

Kraetyz

Oh my god, that's embarrassing! Thanks for the catch, I guess I shouldn't have written the original plugininfo.txt past midnight. It works now, thank you so much for the help. :D

//Krae, grateful