News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

HEX - Plugin

Started by Dakienx, August 02, 2013, 08:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakienx

Id like to say that I used the search feature a few times and couldn't find anything on the subject.

My friend showed me this game over lackey and it looks like a ton of fun. However I have had 0 luck trying to find it online. Could anyone possible post a link for it? Or perhaps a private message with it? Would really appreciate it.

Sorry for being "that guy" - I really did try to find it before making an account  :'(

Ziadross

This is the same problem with the Munchkin plugin. The game's owner, in this case Cryptozoic, requested that the plugin be taken down on the grounds that it damaged the community/sales of its card game. There are a few articles about it on Google.

Even though a copyright owner's ability to stop people from playing proxy versions of their games is dubious in legality, most people would rather not deal with a potential legal battle and simply comply to the demands. The only way you'll be getting a copy of the plugin is if you make one, or someone just happens to still have it. I don't think it's likely that anyone here will have it though. Most requests for Munchkin (a much more popular game in my opinion) go ignored.

If you're friend still has it, I would ask him to send you the folder. It as easy as dragging and dropping.

Hopefully this helps shed some light on the situation. Good luck!

Cheers.

Halfmind

Sorry for the necro, but here's a link of the old, original Hex Lackey on my DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38774hzyi05xcft/Hex%20Lackey.rar

I made it back in June/July of last year to cure the itch; it blew up for a month or two, but then I stopped updating it because of concerns given by the developers.  You'd have to do a lot of work to updated it, but there are some folks out there who I believe keep an updated version of it to test out new cards coming out soon.  Best of luck!