News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Munchkin Design

Started by cjrare, August 16, 2013, 02:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjrare

In the midst of creating a massive Munchkin Module in Vassal, I have come to realize that LackeyCCG is a far superior program for my needs. Unfortunately, I have spent COUNTLESS hours attempting to program a user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing computer game of Munchkin, only to realize it was not going in the direction I had wished.

My question is this: I would like someone to PM me the latest Munchkin Plugin. For obvious reasons, a thorough Google search was unable to reveal any plugin links that were valid. If you could send me everything I need, with a quick instruction on how to load the plugin (i have never used Lackey) it would be much appreciated.

In return, I can offer all cards, Expansions 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9. They are all scanned, high quality PNG files. (Vassal suggests PNG over JPG, I see the contrary is true here so I apologize). I can send you my current Module progress, as well as a folder with all card images if you would like.

Thank you.

Note: I also do video game music composition, so if the person that sends me the file ever needs anything, I would be more than happy to give them free music of whatever they may need. This is not meant to sound smug, rather just an offer that will hopefully give you some reason to guide me.

-M

Ziadross

Hello sir, and welcome to the Lackey forums!

I am by no means a veteran to this site nor have I been very active these past few months, but I have picked a little bit of knowledge in regards to why you can't find the Munchkin plugin.

The original plugin was removed from the site at the request of Steve Jackson Games (or some other legal entity) and I believe this is also the reason why Vassal doesn't have a supported one up either.

In order to avoid legal complications, no Munchkin plugin will be supported by Trev/Lackey officially, though you might be able to find someone who still has the file. I unfortunately had not discovered the site before the takedown and thus do not have it, though I may be inclined to help create a new plugin should it not get me banned (seeking confirmation on this.)

I'll give the vets on this site some time to confirm or deny whether they have the plugin or not before I start work, but hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

tl;dr - If someone doesn't have it, I'll help you make it.

Cheers,
Z

Trevor

If you have any questions about how to do something, or a request to do something that currently is not possible or feasible, let me know. I want to make lackey able to play any table top game and if you can't do a certain thing (and do it well) it's probably because no one has brought it up to me. IM with me whenever you want with suggestions/requests/questions.