News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic plugin updated scripting

Started by Bort, August 22, 2013, 08:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bort

I added a bunch of scripts for a lot of magic cards. Almost every card that produces tokens can be right-clicked to spawn those tokens. Planeswalkers have also had some functions added to them. You can right-click on Sorin, Lord of Innistrad to have him spawn a vampire or an emblem, and stuff like that. I didn't want to over do it with what is done via scripts, so a lot of the time a planeswalker ability like Jace Beleren's first ability will add one green counter and make you say "Each player draws a card". I figured that forcing people to draw a card might be bad, but making emotes to tell people what ability is happening would be good.
Some cards, like Warren Weirding and Afterlife can conditionally put a token creature into play under your or an opponent's control. So for cards like this, play the card to the table, and the person who had their creature killed should right click the card to run the script that spawns the token creature. The person you runs the script gets the token under their control. (You could spawn it and have them right-click it to gain control of it also.)

Whenever a spell makes a variable number of tokens, like Avenger of Zendikar, the script just makes one token. You can use the Clone function on it as many times as you need to get the right amount. But when a card says it spawns a specific number, like Molten Birth, the script makes that amount. I tried to make the script labels descriptive.

A lot more cards could get scripts, and scripts could be enhanced in a bunch of ways. For example, when Chandra, Pyromancer uses an ability that damages a target, you could have a lightning bolt sound play.

I might have made a few mistakes so let me know. I'm not 100% sure I understand how the new scripting works but it seems to be working with the scripts i tested. The only cards that don't summon the corresponding token creatures are the ones I couldn't find token images for. Those are mostly really old cards, like Carrion.

Every card that enters the battlefield with counters on it or tapped, should work like that now. As a matter of consistency, I use red counters for +1/+1 (or -1/-1) counters and green counters for every other kind of counter.

Johnny Blaze

Hey Bort, Wierd thing happened, updated the Magic plugin, checked for missing Images, scrolled thru with ERROR downloading Modernmasters  images, Now my decks dont have the Modern Masters images in them, which i can change , with no problem, Also checked my set images folder and they are all there, just thought you should know. Wierd thing

Bort

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 22, 2013, 10:31:47 PM
Hey Bort, Wierd thing happened, updated the Magic plugin, checked for missing Images, scrolled thru with ERROR downloading Modernmasters  images, Now my decks dont have the Modern Masters images in them, which i can change , with no problem, Also checked my set images folder and they are all there, just thought you should know. Wierd thing
Try now.

Johnny Blaze

tryed again , modern masters text populates the deck editor but not the images

Bort

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 23, 2013, 12:08:32 PM
tryed again , modern masters text populates the deck editor but not the images
Try now.

Johnny Blaze

Chris

Hi Bort,
Thanks for all your work on the MTG plugin!

I've got a pretty off-topic question:
The cardback.jpg image in the MTG plugin is pretty low quality and blurry. Would you consider changing it out for a better quality picture such as the one below?

Original cardback:

Sharper picture:

Kind regards,
Chris

Bort

that new cardback will be in the next update. thanks