News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Steam and Spice(Steampunk CCG)

Started by Metasyn, September 15, 2013, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metasyn

I was thinking of trying to make a steampunk CCG. I don't have a very well refined concept so far and I'm very willing to change things around but here is what I have so far:

Played on a 5x5 Grid

Players represent enemy factions going to war in a steam-punk esquire game

Players start with 20 life

Players have 7 cards in their starting hand

Players draw 1 card at the start of their turn

The row directly in front of a player can have buildings placed on it.

Buildings give the player a beneficial effect

There are 5 Basic Buildings, Basic Buildings are free to play and allow a player to play a card at that location.

Basic buildings can only be played directly in front of players

The 5 Basic Buildings are shipwrights from 5 different companies. Each company wants a different color of spice.

All buildings grant players a set amount of spice of a specific color every turn.

All ships give a spice bounty when destroyed

When players get spice from bounty they keep that bounty until spent. Any time a player may pay a cost using spice from a bounty they must use the spice from the bounty.

Ships have the following stats:# of Cannons(attack),Armor, Hull and Bounty.

# of Cannons is how many points of damage that ship deals.

Armor is unrepairable health. Armor takes damage before Hull.

Hull regenerates every turn, if you can't kill a ship's hull in a single turn the ship's hull is fully restored.

Bounty is awarded to the enemy if that ship is destroyed.

Players may “scrap” ships, only ships that are on a row that may have buildings placed on can be scrapped. This can't be done the first turn the ship is in play.

Card Types:
Building
Ship
Hazard(trap)
Strategy
Tactic

Buildings can't attack but have integrity. Integrity does not regenerate at the end of a turn

Ships can attack buildings and other ships. They can also move 1 space per turn. Ships can attack the enemy directly only if they are on the other player's building row.

You can't play a building in a space occupied by an enemy ship.

A player can't have 5 ships on their building row. If for any reason they would have 5 ships on their building row that player may select and destroy one ship on their building row. They do get the bounty for this ship.

Hazards may be played next to any ship or on your “building row.” They have an effect that triggers when a ship moves onto their space.

Strategy cards are like MtG sorcery cards, they can only be played during your turn. They do not necessarily end at the end of your turn.

Tactic cards are like MtG instant cards, they can be played any time.

Ships that you control can move on top of and spawn on top of buildings you control. Ships that you control can't move on top of buildings you don't control.

I am trying to focus the most on a way that a player obtains spice. I feel that the bounty system would put too much of an emphasis on ships vs strategy and tactics cards. While this is going to be a ship oriented game(and perhaps more than just ships) I think that making players require a bounty almost forces all players to make a deck based around ships.

EDIT:

I am making this information public because I wish for this game(if it every gets into development) to be driven through a group effort. I also don't really care if someone steals the idea as they will probably do it much more justice than I ever could.

EDIT:

I'm thinking of having both actually ships(the kind that float on water) and airships in the game.

MLaRF

1. How do you win?
2. How many players max?
3. What does a player's life do?
4. Does the spice from the buildings stay in your resource pool like the bounty spices?
5. Is the spice what you use to pay for things like mana in MtG?
6. How are players going to remember the difference between strategy and tactic cards?
7. How about using armour for buildings and ships instead of having one separate stat for each, because they act the same way (or at least that's what I get out of it)?
8. What are the 5 different companies, their colours, strategies, and interactions?