L5R specific functions that are needed. (But generally interesting)

Started by Shoel, February 04, 2010, 04:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoel

These are functions I would need to make L5R on Lackey the prefered method of playing online. (Right now there are 3 other programs that run L5R (that I know of), Gempukku, The Game, EoPK (Egg for short)).
None of them have the server hook up thingie of Lackey and thus inferior  ;)

Really Important Issues.
L5R uses two seperate decks, at the moment Lackey only preshuffles the first deck, the other needs to be manually shuffled, I'd would like that either any Superzone that wasn't visible to the owner, should be auto shuffled at start, or a 0/1 switch in the pluginifo.txt that regulates if a deck should be shuffled.

Each L5R player starts the game with 4 provinces, that is cards drawn from one deck and placed face down. At the moment when these cards are drawn (using the function "transfercard") They are placed in a line starting about the middle of your side of the playing field (right in the middle where you usually have all your personalities). I would like to have some method in the plugininfo.txt, to predefine the position of drawn cards to be placed.

Personalities in L5R can be dishonored, in game terms the card is placed upside down. This is presently done via "changeowner" function. But that means the the opponent need to dishonor your cards and only you can rehonor them (also they are marked controled). Not Ideal. If I use the "makeright180degrees" they aren't turned 180 deg relative to their present position, they are made upside down, loosing their status of tapped or not (also a double tap with the mouse make them 0deg instead of tapping it like I would like). So what I need is two fold. First I need a Function that turns card relative to their position. Second a function that chains functions together (in this case turn the card 180deg relative and mark it dishonored)(or in a different case, bow a card an keep it bowed).

Not so important but wanted
This is a thing that could be very well used by the community project. I would like the card text to be able to be formatted. The formatting of the card text can be really important to a game. if theres a linebreak. Italic or bold text can have meaning and so on.

One thing that the other application have but Lackey doesn't is Token generator, You can either create a token card on the fly, picking an image and/or stats. Or you can predefine different tokens and choose form a list.

I would like to be able to create buttons for specific deck effects, For instance, in L5R people can duel, in a duel you draw 3 cards from one of the decks, and use these to duel with. I would like to be able to create a button that says "create focus pool" and reveals top 3 cards from a specified deck.

Different card backs. The two decks have different backs (for this game a less important issue then the others, but for other games though).

Thats what I've thought of so far, probably more issues will arise.

/Staffan "aka Shoel"

Ripplez

the idea of a deck not being preshuffled is nice, it adds options to designs that can be implemented. if yuo could make it a 0/1 switch that really would be appreciated :)

Trevor

Most of these things will be added if they aren't currently in. I don't know why you are using Change Owner for the Turn Face Down function when there is a turn face down function.

Tokimo

I think he meant that dishonored uses 180 degrees for untapped and 270 degrees for tapped, so he wanted a way to turn cards 180 degrees relative to themselves and then tap and untap from their. Untap all and that functionality seem to have a few potential quirks when combined.

Shoel

Tokimo is correct, its not face down its 180deg, and tapping makes it 270deg.
and untapping making it 180deg again.

/Shoel

Trevor

Were you unaware that Lackey currently supports turning cards 0, 90, 270, and 360 degrees?

Shoel

I'm aware of that, It's just that, Dishonoring is a permanent change to the card (until it dies or is rehonored by a card effect or instead of gaining honor).
Once a card is dishonored it's turned upside down, but actions still affect it the same way.
So If i double tap a honorable Personality, he's turned 90deg clockwise. If I untap all, he is turned 0deg straight up.
A dishonored Peep, is permanently at 180deg, if tapped he's still turned 90deg clockwise so 270deg from 0deg. And when untap all hes turned back to 180deg.

If I use the mechanics that lackey supports (unless I've misunderstood some of them), I get the following effect:
I added a button to turn a card 180deg, I then double clicked it with the mouse to tap the card, it didn't turn 90deg clockwise, it turned 180 deg and straightened itself.

/Staffan

Trevor

I think the best solution is to add a counter or note to dishonored cards. It won't look exactly as it does with real cards, but it will be functionally identical.

Tokimo

Silly Trevor, stop thinking of clever solutions for gross problems. :D

drakena

I just want to say that i need 2 deck option also for another CCG that im working on it atm (secret one). I need to draw card from 2 deferent decks that are both randomized :) Now im using a SuperZone but its not randomized >.<

P.S. Thanks Trevor for Lackey even if i know it for some time now i just started to use it and i say it works perfectly  (when you understand how to ^_^).

drakena

omg i just found the shuffle button under the "decks" zone. SWEET. i got all that i want now :)