News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Feature Request: PNG support

Started by Tokimo, November 10, 2009, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 06:06:56 PM
hello everyone, is their now a update for other image formats so i could use transparency for my round playchips?

greets Alucard
You can use transparent PNGs.

Alucard

hmm i tried png images but lackey isnt showing em so do i do something wrong or do i have to change something?

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 06:31:50 PM
hmm i tried png images but lackey isnt showing em so do i do something wrong or do i have to change something?
Post the image file.

Alucard

for example

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 06:56:58 PM
for example
Oh, the card back has to be a jpg. In retrospect, I will make it so any image format will work. But a png should work for any other card image file, aside from cardback.jpg and spawned.jpg now.

Alucard

but normal card images that i save in png dont show too only the cardback + the text so what do i do wron?!

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 07:14:21 PM
but normal card images that i save in png dont show too only the cardback + the text so what do i do wron?!
You included the image suffix in the ImageFile column, right?

If that isn't the problem, send me your plugin and I will take a look.

Alucard

"image suffix in the ImageFile column" could you explain that a little sometimes my english isnt enogh^^

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 09:05:48 PM
"image suffix in the ImageFile column" could you explain that a little sometimes my english isnt enogh^^
The third column of a card data file is the ImageFile column. It lists the names of the image files. If the image file is a jpg, you can omit the ".jpg" suffix as that is the default image format. If it is not a .jpg file, you need to include the image file suffix. If you have an image file named test.png for a card, you need to put "test.png" in the ImageFile column for that card.

Trevor

You are using the oldest plugin format. The new plugin format is at http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html
You should use the new plugin format. It more gracefully handles many of the errors you have, and it has more utility.

Your card data file is messed up in several ways.
You have spaces in the set column, and that will cause errors.
You don't have the .png suffix in your ImageFile column that I recently mentioned.
You have a bunch of extra entries in your set column, from row 63 to 91.

I looked at the image files. I don't see why you aren't using jpg format for those. It would be a lot smaller file size with the same image quality.

Alucard

they are just samples but i also have chips for these character cards that are round and black borders would such their or? hmm i tried it now with 1.png instead of only 1 but same result

Trevor

Quote from: Alucard on August 10, 2011, 10:11:22 PM
they are just samples but i also have chips for these character cards that are round and black borders would such their or? hmm i tried it now with 1.png instead of only 1 but same result
I don't really support the old plugin format. It was written before .png was added, and .png files may not be supported with the old format. The tutorial I linked explains the new plugin format and I think you will find that it's a lot easier to work with.