News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Damages as Resources

Started by Maidlover, September 27, 2013, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidlover

I'm trying to working on my card games and I want a system where card players become more powerful when they get hurt.

So I thought a idea that I should use damages as resources after watched some Cardfight!! Vanguard show. But I realize it will become difficult at beginning as you start with no damage, and I'm consider about if I should allow players to increase their own damage or not.

lested

Some cowed game you should lone at is battle spirirts and weiss schwarz. They both use damage as resource in some way.

Maidlover

Quote from: lested on September 28, 2013, 12:21:51 AM
Some cowed game you should lone at is battle spirirts and weiss schwarz. They both use damage as resource in some way.

I didn't notices that Battle Spirits used similar system. I took a look on it and I find it not very impressive in my view. Weiss Schwarz have interesting idea but the rule itself look pretty confused for me.

But right now, I'm tried to figure out the good maximum damage level. Because more damage you will have, more resources you could use in your advantage. So that I need good balance on it.

Here is my idea for my resource system; Each your turn, you can optional put one card from your hand to damage zone to get additional resources. And also each time you get attack from monsters, you must discard one card from your deck to damage zone. That mean the player can gain more resources but at same time it will increase their chance to lose. This will put the pressure on player who must decide to either plays low risk or high risk.

3XXXDDD

Might I ask what was your original idea that you think wouldn't work?

Maidlover

Quote from: 3XXXDDD on September 29, 2013, 02:39:34 PM
Might I ask what was your original idea that you think wouldn't work?

I'm concerns about that smart player decided to not attacking their opponent until they build enough strong force. That mean the opponent will suffers mana screw if they have no way increasing their resources.

RayOfSpeed

Weiss Schwarz was streamlined pretty heavily when it's rules became VG's. Anyway, in WS, one of the actions you can perform at the start of your turn (coloquially referred to as "Clocking") is to place a card from your hand into your Clock (which is also your damage) and then draw 2 cards. Note that in WS you can't actually be decked, so you'll almost always see all of your deck in a game; it's pretty weird.

Maidlover

Quote from: RayOfSpeed on October 02, 2013, 04:01:33 AM
Weiss Schwarz was streamlined pretty heavily when it's rules became VG's. Anyway, in WS, one of the actions you can perform at the start of your turn (coloquially referred to as "Clocking") is to place a card from your hand into your Clock (which is also your damage) and then draw 2 cards. Note that in WS you can't actually be decked, so you'll almost always see all of your deck in a game; it's pretty weird.

I will take closer look on it when I have time and maybe getting the starter deck if I can find it in my local stores.