News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bug Report

Started by Reactor, September 30, 2013, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reactor

I have already contacted Trevor and gave him this list (this one is slightly revised but no new informations where added) and I am posting it here in case someone have to give more informations about a specific bug.

Here is the list of bugs. I am not sure if they are all caused by LackeyCCG or by a specific plugin that I use (Magic) so I am gonna list them all and in random order. Some of the bugs might have already been addressed or have even been fixed.

1) After leaving a game which you was spectating (possibly happens for games which you joined too) and then join another game (possibly happens for games which you spectate too) then some times you can see the chat from the previous game including actions, like tossing a coin. It's like beeing connected to both games at the same time.

2) After joining the server and then trying to join a game, some times it says that the host is "ignoring" you while in fact he isn't. You can work around that by spectating the game and then taking a seat.

3) For the next bug I don't remember the exact conditions in which it happened but it has happened more than once. The conditions in which the bug occured are described from one of the statements bellow but I don't remember which is it. Note both might be true.

Some times you can't see the chat from people that joined your game.
or
After you join a game you can't see chat from the host.

As a result people think that you just ignore them.
I also don't remember if the problem was only one way, like playerA can see playerB chatting but playerB can't see playerA chatting.

4) When a spectator joins the game while you just performed an action like moving a card from your hand to play (works for all combination of zones i think) it backtrack or something unexpected happens like a card apear to have been duplicated, one in the hand and one in play (from my experiance, this bug is only visible to only one of the players) but thats only visualy because if you try to move the "ghost" card to an other zone it vanish from the game without the game saying anything like "PlayerA moved a card from X to Y". Last time this happened I was not the host. Note the "duplicated ghost card" affects the number that displays how many cards are in the zone and when the card vanishes it returns to normal (-1).

5) Images of some cards appear to be blank (card image not found). The conditions that trigger this bug are mostly unknown. I suspect it occurs for card images that have not been downloaded yet or more likely for card images that are not loaded/cached to ram or wherever they are loaded to and for some reason you can only see the images that you have already loaded before the bug occurs. A simple restart of the application fixes this. Last time this happened to me was months ago but I was playing with someone which had a problem with Card images and based on his description I assume it's the same bug.

6) Some times trying to join a game which is beeing spectated by someone and has a free slot it says it's full while in fact it isn't. You can work around that by spectating the game and then taking a seat.

All the bugs have been confirmed by a friend of mine too while using a different computer.

In addition I would like to adress some bugs that the current update brought to us.

1. Filters don't work properly. To be specific the "contains" function is the only one that doesn't work as intended and it behaves exactly like the "begins with" function.

2. At  Preferences->Player Profile->Your color  the name of the color doesn't match to the color being displayed.

3. The /new command make the icons of everyone else but you in the game appear blank (white) and I think the problem persist even if you go to the server tab click the players name to see the icon.

4. This one has been fixed with the latest hotfix, but I list it anyway because it might help in case the bug got fixed involuntarily.
The /new command was messing up the decks completely by applying wrong images to some of the cards in your deck. The card images of your deck though were appearing normally to your opponent. Also the cards when moved from a zone to another zone were displaying in the chat the name of the card which was supposed to be in your deck and not the name of the false card image. You had to restart the application completely in order for that to get fixed.

Finally I am gonna list the above bugs from both lists in order based of their importance and the impact that might have to someone that have no knowledge about them.
1. , 3) , 1) , 2) , 5) , 4) , 6) , 2. , 3.

If I remember more I'll come back :D

Reactor

Bug Report Update:
3)Happened again while I joined someone else's game. I was able to see what he was typing but he wasn't able to see what I was typing. After moving me to the spectators an other guy joined and he was able to communicate with the host normally.

Trevor

Quote from: Reactor on September 30, 2013, 02:38:51 PM
1) After leaving a game which you was spectating (possibly happens for games which you joined too) and then join another game (possibly happens for games which you spectate too) then some times you can see the chat from the previous game including actions, like tossing a coin. It's like beeing connected to both games at the same time.
I have observed something like this too, but I haven't been able to replicate it deliberately. If you can figure out how to reliably replicate it, I can fix it.

2) After joining the server and then trying to join a game, some times it says that the host is "ignoring" you while in fact he isn't. You can work around that by spectating the game and then taking a seat.
I have observed this too, at least in the past. But I haven't been able to replicate it reliably (or at all) for a while.

3) For the next bug I don't remember the exact conditions in which it happened but it has happened more than once. The conditions in which the bug occured are described from one of the statements bellow but I don't remember which is it. Note both might be true.

Some times you can't see the chat from people that joined your game.
or
After you join a game you can't see chat from the host.

As a result people think that you just ignore them.
I also don't remember if the problem was only one way, like playerA can see playerB chatting but playerB can't see playerA chatting.
If you can figure out how to replicate this bug reliably, please let me know. I haven't been able to observe this.

4) When a spectator joins the game while you just performed an action like moving a card from your hand to play (works for all combination of zones i think) it backtrack or something unexpected happens like a card apear to have been duplicated, one in the hand and one in play (from my experiance, this bug is only visible to only one of the players) but thats only visualy because if you try to move the "ghost" card to an other zone it vanish from the game without the game saying anything like "PlayerA moved a card from X to Y". Last time this happened I was not the host. Note the "duplicated ghost card" affects the number that displays how many cards are in the zone and when the card vanishes it returns to normal (-1).
This is a harmless fluke that can happen due to latency. If I am correct, it only happens when you happen to be moving the same card at the exact same time as another player. I could fix this, but it would be really hard for me to test it without someone else trying really hard to cause it.

5) Images of some cards appear to be blank (card image not found). The conditions that trigger this bug are mostly unknown. I suspect it occurs for card images that have not been downloaded yet or more likely for card images that are not loaded/cached to ram or wherever they are loaded to and for some reason you can only see the images that you have already loaded before the bug occurs. A simple restart of the application fixes this. Last time this happened to me was months ago but I was playing with someone which had a problem with Card images and based on his description I assume it's the same bug.

6) Some times trying to join a game which is beeing spectated by someone and has a free slot it says it's full while in fact it isn't. You can work around that by spectating the game and then taking a seat.
Again, if you can figure out how to reproduce this bug, I can fix it. It's hard to track down a bug when I can't observe it.
QuoteIn addition I would like to adress some bugs that the current update brought to us.

1. Filters don't work properly. To be specific the "contains" function is the only one that doesn't work as intended and it behaves exactly like the "begins with" function.
fixed

2. At  Preferences->Player Profile->Your color  the name of the color doesn't match to the color being displayed.
fixed

3. The /new command make the icons of everyone else but you in the game appear blank (white) and I think the problem persist even if you go to the server tab click the players name to see the icon.
fixed

4. This one has been fixed with the latest hotfix, but I list it anyway because it might help in case the bug got fixed involuntarily.
The /new command was messing up the decks completely by applying wrong images to some of the cards in your deck. The card images of your deck though were appearing normally to your opponent. Also the cards when moved from a zone to another zone were displaying in the chat the name of the card which was supposed to be in your deck and not the name of the false card image. You had to restart the application completely in order for that to get fixed.
fixed.

I'm posting a new lackey later today.