News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Combination of Units and Spells into one cards

Started by Maidlover, November 05, 2013, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidlover

I suddenly come up a thought when I looked at MTG's split cards where you have two cards effect in one card.

I wondering why we don't see card games where you purely can use your card either as units or spells?

Trevor

It's better to use "enters play" abilities than have a messy template.

Maidlover

True, it is gonna be messy template, unless you use keywords to keeping the text short.

Dragoon

messyness incarnate. If you wish to do something like that, take a look at magic's Evoke mechanic. (Which sacrificed the creature when played with the evoke cost.)

MLaRF

You could always use something like Yu-Gi-Oh's Fire Trooper card, where you can sacrifice it for an effect when you play it, but not at just any old time. It could also work like Bloodrush from the new Ravnica block, where you just pay and discard.

Malagar

I did exactly that in one of my designs - and I think you guys probably miserunderstood what was said:

play a card EITHER as a creature OR as a spell. no "enters play" or "leaves play" mechanic.

its about getting rid of spell cards and instead incorporating spells into creature cards by providing a second textbox.

Well, but I tossed the idea due to space constrains on cards. Another thing is that a single card must not become too complex or the game turns into a big mess. card games should feature many cards with limited text on a single card (IMHO).