Is it possible to turn off the weird offset boxes in Magic?

Started by Burst, January 28, 2014, 10:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burst

I think it's supposed to represent a creature that is flying but it mostly just looks like a display error because the card is clearly visible and then you have this odd outline sticking out near it.

Also, the card kind of jiggles on the screen which isn't a pleasant visual and you can't actually click on the card to do anything unless you happen to click within the frame of the empty shell if the card is on top of it, or you can click in that outline but that's sort of irritating as well since you're trying to click on the card not some strange faux3d effect.

Hopefully there is an option somewhere that I've just been overlooking, I can't find it and it's driving me nuts.

AuraDragon

The jiggling on the screen is just the card hovering and you are viewing the table from above*, simply right click the jiggling card and click "Hover", which will toggle it's hovering effect.   ;)

* = You can change this from the top drop-down menu in the main game tab.

Burst

Thank you, I looked and looked but still didn't see it.

I can do it one-at-a-time, but is there a global option to turn off Hover for everything?

Hyphen-ated

I also hate the hover effect.
To fix it:
Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> uncheck "Enable scripts?"
This also turns off things like certain lands entering the battlefield tapped on their own, or creatures creating tokens when they come in. It's worth it to get rid of hover though.
You have to make your opponents do the same thing or their fliers will also hover

Trevor

I will make it an option to disable hover specifically.