Plugins won't install, there is no plugin finder. Lackey is completely unusable

Started by Togashi Deckard, February 08, 2014, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi Deckard

I'm kinda frustrated... For one the tutorial goes straight to telling me to use the plugin finder, which doesn't exist in the most recent version of Lackey. (Which is very sad.) Secondly, if I manually paste an update.txt address into lackey, it says at the top of the application (in green text) that it is downloading something, but nothing whatsoever happens in the window below, no images download, and no new plugin becomes available. I've tried this with a significant number of different plugins.

Can someone try installing some plugins and see if it works? Maybe try reinstalling Lackey and see if it works? I know at least one other person has had this problem, and no solution has been presented yet. For what it's worth, I'm running adblock and Avast! antivirus software, have no firewall, and am using a Dell modern laptop that was new last year. It still doesn't work even if I turn those off, though. My ISP is Comcast cable.

I just want to play cards  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Gordon228

most of us have had no problems with lackey in that respect but maybe you have something on your lappy that is preventing lackey from installing updates and or plugins. some times tho you need to browse installed plugins to find one. also what plugins have you tried? so we can see if they do not work or are down.

Togashi Deckard

I tried literally every link in the plugin thread that didn't say "this link doesn't work anymore". Photo evidence follows. My virus scan was disabled, and I never have any trouble streaming/downloading things, or running online games... I checked afterward, and there is nothing in my "browse plugins" menu, and not one image was downloaded. Every time it downloads updatelist.txt within about a second, then does nothing else. Once it stopped at 90.something% and then just stayed there until I rebooted the program. When I tried that same plugin again, it did the usual nothing. And yes, I did try refreshing the list. Still nothing.

The real question, I think, is how many people are using the 10/19/13 build, and how many are able to update plugins NOW. It's not like people do it every day...

hicks10uk

Hi,
I've just had this same problem, and it is because you have Lackey in an administrator protected folder. Try putting it in a folder on a drive other than C:, or somewhere that isn't a Windows folder. Worked for me and I had the exact same issue as you screen posted below.
Hope this helps.
Hicks10uk.

matoo

Another tip that might help you when plugins are not loading:

check if the url is in secured mode (https), i saw some urls posted there (dropbox links) that were in secured mode, those won't load, just modify the url to regular mode (delete the "s" to have http:// instead of https:// )

also when you have a plugin url, just test it on your normal browser, if it's not loading at all, it's probably that the files are not online anymore, the plugin url is just a text file linking to other files lackey need to download.

Alastair