News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cards cease to exist and other things...

Started by Ruke, February 16, 2014, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruke

So, I'm working on a plugin for a custom game, and sometimes when I draw a card, play a card to the table, or move a card from the table to my library it "ceases to exist". I asked in the server chat, but people had never seen the bug before. I've used the auto-update feature, so I should have the most recent version of the game.

Also, how can I set the plugin so that when I start a game with another person, it loads the same board for each of us? My game uses lanes, so its hard to keep track of what lane a card is in without both of us having the same mat loaded.

Thanks,

Ruke

Trevor

I'd have to see your plugin to see why things cease to exist. There is a preference for tokens to cease to exist.

Playmats are controlled by the user, not the plugin maker, however, you can include a playmat and have it be the default one. You can override their playmat, but you probably shouldn't.

Ruke

Here's my plugininfo.txt

<plugin>
<pluginversion>0.001</pluginversion>
<pluginname>Mythos</pluginname>

<playerstat><label>Health</label><initialvalue>50</initialvalue></playerstat>
<playerstat><label>Magic</label><initialvalue>0</initialvalue></playerstat>
<playerstat><label>Sanity</label><initialvalue>0</initialvalue></playerstat>

<deckzone>
   <label>Deck</label>
   <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
   <gamezonetoloadto>Library</gamezonetoloadto>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
   <label>Hand</label>
   <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
   <label>Deck</label>
   <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
   <label>Removed</label>
   <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
   <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<phase><label>Refresh</label></phase>
<phase><label>Cast</label></phase>
<phase><label>Combat</label></phase>
<phase><label>Draw</label></phase>
<phase><label>End</label></phase>

<generalfunction><label>Refresh All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Draw</label><kind>DRAWCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Previous Phase</label><kind>PREVIOUSPHASE</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Next Phase</label><kind>NEXTPHASE</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Spawn Card</label><kind>SPAWNCARD</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Next Turn</label><kind>NEXTTURN</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Roll D20</label><kind>ROLLD20</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Previous Turn</label><kind>PEREVIOUSTURN</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></generalfunction>

<cardfunction><label>Make Active</label><kind>MAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Make Defensive</label><kind>MAKERIGHT90DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Over Run Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERGREEN</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Over Run Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERGREEN</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.75</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Blood Drain Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERRED</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Blood Drain Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERRED</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Destruction Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERINDIGO</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Destruction Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERINDIGO</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Etherial Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERVIOLET</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Etherial Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERVIOLET</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Flight Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERBLUE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Flight Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERBLUE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Impervious Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERWHITE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Impervious Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERWHITE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Remove Jump Counter</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTERYELLOW</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Add Jump Counter</label><kind>ADDCOUNTERYELLOW</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Edit Note</label><kind>EDITNOTE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.4</PositionX><PositionY>.95</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Turn Over</label><kind>TURNOVER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Doesn't Refresh</label><kind>TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Take Control</label><kind>CHANGEOWNER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Hover</label><kind>HOVER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Clear</label><kind>CLEARCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

<definition><kind>ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE</kind></definition>
<definition><kind>BACKVISIBILITY</kind><value>BACKVISIBILITYHIDEBACKINZONES</value></definition>
</plugin>

If you need something else, let me know. I have a lot of tokens in my game, but it's cards from the decks that are disappearing.

Also, how can I set the default playmat? This is similar to if I wanted to play checkers or chess... I need the cards to show up in the same places on the mat for each player.

Thanks,

Ruke

Ruke

bump

Is this the correct place to post this type of topic, or should I ask to have it moved to bugs/technical problems?

Trevor

Ruke

Sure...

http://rapidshare.com/share/BEAD2540340C3963840C9FEA91A70765

I basically just used the things on the plugin creation page, so there shouldnt be anything crazy going on...

Trevor

I can't replicate the issue you mention. There are many ways to move cards. Exactly how are you doing it? Are you using a button, a script, or dragging it, or right clicking? Are you using any modifiers?

Ruke

I've done both right clicking and dragging cards from one game area to another, no scripts that didn't come with the base set of lackey.

Here's a set of images of the issue in action.

Here, I drew 15 cards and moved them to my library from the game board by right clicking -> move to top of library.

Played 15 cards to the table. Note that the deck is at 37 (52 with the 15 on the table) out of 60.

This time I moved the cards from the table to the library by dragging them.

I played these cards from my hand 1 at a time, and moved a single card to my library by right clicking -> move to top of library

This is after I moved the cards to my library 1 by 1, using both right click -> move and dragging.

These cards aren't tokens, and this problem happens regardless of the zone I send them to. If I send them to my hand, to the library, or the removed zone. It seems to be random, with no way to predict which card will disappear and which won't. I have the version of Lackey from the website and have run the updater that comes with it. It also seems to affect other people who are using this program with me. The plugin is pretty basic, from what it seems people can do with it, so that's even more odd.

Thanks for the continued help.

Ruke

What might be helpful is if someone would post up a clean version of Lackey (minus any plugins)... I didn't mess with any settings in the main program, and if my plugin isn't the problem, maybe the dl on the main page is old/corrupted or something. I don't know what the deal is, but it's hard to play any games when half my cards keep disappearing.

Ruke

Think I figured out what the problem was. I have a lot of creature tokens (actually, a token for every creature) and it seems like the program was getting confused and would randomly make a creature cease to exist when i moved it from the board because of that... added in some junk characters to the end of each creature token and it seems to have fixed the problem. Also, got the background up and running smooth. Thanks!

Feel free to close this thread.