News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Question regarding template design

Started by kamchatka8, February 26, 2014, 06:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamchatka8

Hello, new to the forums.

I have a CCG game in mind and I am looking for a program to build card images to print.  I don't care at all about playing the game online at this point, and I'm not interested in selling the game for a profit.  I am trying to find a program that will allow me to design multiple card type templates and use them (and save them locally as correctly-sized for printing image files).

I tried photoshop first but getting the image correctly sized is a bitch and I gave up.

MSE is EXACTLY what I am looking for, but they only have MTG templates, and a few others that don't work for my idea, and it looks too complicated to create a new template.

My question is: how easy is it to create your own card design on Lackey and does this sound like a program I should use?

Thanks,

Gordon228

if you want to build cards then MSE is what you wat as lacky is for playing games like magic and pokemon

Trevor

Photoshop is what you really want. Take a look at my CCG design tutorial for a sample photoshop template.

Gordon228

no one is ever discounting Photoshop witch is a grate program but if you need to make tons of cards fast then MSE would work but you still need Photoshop.

r0cknes

Photoshop is the best program out there for graphic design. I use Macromedia Fireworks. I am not a graphics kinda guy, but it uses layers which is nice.

kamchatka8

Got it, thanks all. 

Looks like for what I want to do, Photoshop to design and build cards and then maybe use MSE to build a template based off that to generate multiple cards much faster and organize them within the set.