News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[BUG] Scripts and Sounds not working on face down cards!

Started by Jynks, March 06, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

So I have been playing with the "ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt" as well as scripting and noticed a problem

When you wish to place a card on the table face down, at the moment the only way to do this is to ctrl+click the card while it is in your hand and then drag it to the table. (See my other thread here!) If you use scripts to turn the card face down as you play it the card name is printed into the chat window. When you do ctrl+click this doesn't happen.

BUT... It also stops all scripts and/or sounds playing when you play the card!

What we really need is a way to suppress the chat window printing the card name as a script function. So you could play a card normally have the card name not show in the text window, but also run any scripts / sounds you like.

Trevor

This is not a bug per se. The script would be turning it face down when it hit the table, and if you turn a face up card face down, it logs the name. There should be the option to have the card played face down, but that is also problematic for some other reasons.

And when you turn a card face down in your hand, and play it, the sounds don't play because those don't play unless the card is face up (since sounds can reveal what the card is).

For the time being, I suggest just turning a card face down before dragging it. Or, what I do, is turn it face down WHILE dragging it.