News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can not get sounds to work? - URGENT -

Started by Jynks, March 08, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Hi there...

I had the ANR plugin all working with sounds and all but suddenly it stopped working and I can not see why or fix it!

here is my sound file list thing.. "ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt"

<listofcardsoundfiles>

<soundentry><soundfile>Runner_ID</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>ID</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Op</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Event</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Ass</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Resource</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Ice</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Program</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Up</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Hardware</data></soundentry>

<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Op</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Operation</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Ass</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Asset</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Ice</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Ice</data></soundentry>
<soundentry><soundfile>Corpo_Up</soundfile><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Upgrade</data></soundentry>

</listofcardsoundfiles>

But no sounds of any sort play. I have the audio files in the sounds dir of the plugin directory??

I just can not work out what is going on!!

Trevor

I figured out the reason it isn't working for you. You don't have a column called "Sound" in your card data file. What ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt does is automate filling in the Sound column. The sound column is filled with sound files for the corresponding card. And ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt allows you do automate filling it in, but nothing ever gets played if Lackey doesn't think it should interpret any of the columns as a sound file, which it only will if it sees one of the columns titled "Sound". In retrospect, if you define a ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt, I should have not also required that a sound column exists, but until I make that change, adding a column to your card data file named "Sound" should fix things. I thought people would want to, in most cases, make at least some sounds to specific to some cards, or to have the plugin maker have more control over the sounds more than what an automated definition would do. I intended the ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt as more of a partial shortcut than a complete replacement for a Sounds column.