News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Scaling of card images broken?

Started by thanimal, March 24, 2014, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thanimal

I'm a wee bit late to the party, but I just upgraded versions from the old brown-skinned one.

One thing I notice is that the cards in my hand look significantly worse than they do in the old version.  I'm the paranoid sort so I kept a full copy of the old install directory and I can look at them side by side and the difference is obvious.

It looks to me like the scaling operation no longer does the right thing.  If I had to guess I'd say it's using nearest neighbor interpolation instead of bilinear (or better) interpolation.

But one way or another the card images in my hand are noticeably less readable.

Bug?  Do I need to change some setting?

If it matters:  I'm using my own images with the (also old) magic plugin.  They are exported from MSE in the "Medium" format.  I do not have any WotC magic cards on my system to check if they behave the same way.

thanimal

FYI, I just tried zooming in and out on the background images, and it's pretty darn obvious that the old version is doing some form of interpolation, whereas the new one is just using nearest neighbor, resulting in big square pixels and the usual aliasing problems caused by nearest neighbor.

So I'm moderately confident in my diagnosis.  How do I fix?