News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Still active? / Looking for Designer to join us!

Started by Malagar, March 26, 2014, 04:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malagar

Hey guys,
Its good old Malagar again. Is someone still active on this forum?

Im looking for one or two reliable game designers to join our team!

We are a group of hobbyist developers (maybe you have seen my templates/concepts in the past already) from all around the globe, working on a bunch of CCG-esque games that feature professional artwork, templates and rules. I consider myself the project leader of our group, as I cover all expenses for artwork, web hosting and more. Over the last 2,5 years, i was able to shell out some money from my day job in order to hire artists, acquire domains and setup websites and blogging systems for our projects.

1manstudio (the name of our small team) is well stocked with artworks, artists, templates, technology, layout programs and people who can use them.

What we are looking for are one-two additional CCG/board-game designers to join our team on an unpaid basis. You need to be full of ideas, reliable, grown up in speech and style as well as willing to "work" (play/create fits better) along with on our ideas - on a completely free and unpaid basis. This is because we are not making money from our projects yet and I for myself am already at my very limits paying for art and web hosting all alone.

ATM we are working on 2-3 different projects, with a possibly maximum of 5. As we are all hobbyists, there is no schedule. Most urgent are new mechanic ideas, card ideas, card themes, play testing and balancing. Again: We cannot offer payment for your efforts, at a later stage we could talk about royalties if one of our games reaches a considerable amount of sales. But this is not a guarantee - first I have to recover from the expenses Im making by propelling this project via my personal income.

This is a hobby project someone would dedicate himself to out of passion, and not for making money. If you are looking to make a living, go and get a job instead. What we can offer you is being part of a group of enthusiast who love creating games. And we offer a more professional approach than many others in form of pro artworks, templates and representation. This is in my opinion quite close to what every game designers considers to be his dream - but this dream is not about earning money. Its about having fun creating something that will be both fun and looking cool!

If you are interested, feel free to contact me here - via eMail, the contact form on our website or via Facebook.

Thanks a lot!

cheers
-Malagar

tobias[at]1manstudio.de
http://www.1manstudio.de
http://www.facebook.com/1manstudiode

Dan55

I'm willing to give it a shot.  About 6 years ago I made the mistake of commenting on a CCG my friends were playing by saying even I could make a better game then that.  They of course challenged me to put up or shut up.  After my first 2 tries were complete failures I started delving deep into what makes a ccg work and managed to make my 3rd try successful.  And in the meantime I discovered I really enjoyed designing ccgs.

Malagar

Hey Dan - You are very welcome!

Just give me a few more days - im preparing the new dev forum currently and fill it with what
we have already got, what is still required and what has to be discussed. With a (private) forum,
i dont have to instruct every team member twice.

In the meantime, maybe you can shoot me an email, to save your contact.

What i can tell you now:

Right now we have 2 projects going on, and I have the raw skeleton of both games almost
ready (this compromises the idea, theme, style, most of the artworks, templates, logos and
all the other stuff). The first one is Gods & Minions (my flagship) and the other is a light
hearted cartoon fantasy duel game names Realm of Legends (ROFL). its about battling
hero parties like PvP in an MMO (although im not a big MMO fan).

What we need for both projects are completely new, fresh and balanced rules cores:
(this is especially important to G&M)

Im already into my third iteration of the G&M rules, and im still not quite happy with it. The
art (+background) is so epic, we just need a better set of rules. Right now its just a lame
MTG/Duelmasters version in army form. We need to change that to make the game play
as epic as the art looks. I already have a few ideas, all details will go into the forum. Most
important is that its not becoming too complex: it should be easy to learn but hard to master!

Just give me a few more days, I will reply to you via eMail.

Cheers
-Tobias

lested

I'm interested, I've been working in a few desings of my own and been on the playtest group of a few other games, for one of my games I have posted the rules here if interested for the other I havent made the public yet, but will soon. I can desing a template even if im not a master on photoshop and can show some examples.

Let me know if the position still open.

Malagar

hello lested,
the position is still open - im looking to add a whole bunch of people because you never know if someone drops out.

could you send me a message via mail - so that i have your contact?

(dev forum preparation takes a while, its a lot of stuff to put online)

?

all others: do not hesitate to contact me if you wanna join! My post was especially aimed at the old LackeyCCG community, because i already have the most friends here (and because you are a great bunch of creative minds!)

3XXXDDD

I got your message. I sent you an e-mail. I could be interested if this actually goes somewhere.

Malagar

eMail received and answered.

If you doubt that this is going somewhere, just check out the official websites:

http://www.1manstudio.de
http://www.godsandminions.com

check out the art, I would not invest so much time, work (and money) - if this was going nowhere!

MLaRF

Hey Malamar,

I'm interested in joining but I need a couple weeks to finish up my schoolwork before summer.  I'm an animator and learning programming for those who are looking to use those skills in their games. Feel free to PM me if you accept or need a r?sum? or something.

Thanks,
--MLaRF

Malagar

Hey Mlard! :-)
PM sent.

Its good to know the old members are still active! Anybody else interested in joining the project of their live?

answer here, or even better - sent a short mail to: tobias[at]1manstudio.de

You receive a forum invite ASAP. Then we just see how it develops...