News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Problems with plugin and buttons on mac build

Started by cathrineschmidt, May 01, 2014, 12:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathrineschmidt

Hi.
I once used to use lackey a lot. Then I got a little to much on my hands and hadn't so much time to play anymore. Now, however, I find myself in the situation that I once again have the time to play :)
I saw that lackey had been updated and thus deleted the old one. But I simply can't get this new updated version to work in any way.
It starts up alright, but I can't instal any plugins. I have tried to read through what I could find in the forum but nothing really helped.
I get the url, I get to paste it, I get to install it, and I can see it download a lot of stuff. But I can't choose the plugin from the list after it's installed and I have relaunshed lackey. I can open the "browse installed plugins..." menu but when it is opened it is completely empty. And non of the buttons is working in there, except of the cancel button.
Any suggestions? Both the plugininfo.txt and cardback.jpg are in the right place. It is the Lord of the rings LCG plugin I'm trying to play and it should be updated to work with the new lackey.
I'm running a macbook pro with retina OS Maveric 10.9.2

Kind regards
Cathy

Whice

Yeah. Happened to me also. Good if this could be fixed. I have not played lackey since the update because I have the same issues like you. Anyone know if this can be fixed easy? Cannot update/install games and when try to open no buttons work. I also am sitting on a macbook pro. Same OS X maverick but not retina. Same errors.
Please address fast. I have waited since update to get this fixed but havenot worked yet.

Trevor

I think this is an issue with the plugins. Let me know what autoupdate URL you are using and I can test it.

cathrineschmidt

Trevor

Quote from: cathrineschmidt on May 09, 2014, 04:12:54 PM
Awesome. I use the Lotr LCG plugin made by tragic. His updatelink is
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/updatelist.txt
that works fine for me, except the read me file which didn't download but is of little importance. My guess is you aren't running it in a place with write permission. Try running lackey as an admin and making sure it's in a place that can be written to.

cathrineschmidt

Hi. I have checked that and it can't be that. I only run admin on my Mac but to be sure I vent in and made everything accessable and editable for everyone. And I went in and made sure that all the lackey and plugins files where not admin only. Any other suggestions? I get to download the plugin okay with all the files. It is placed in the plugin folder in the lackey folder. But the buttons in the lackey plugin window just doesn't work. I can open the plugin window but not refresh or anything else except pressing close. I can't see the war3000 folder through the plugin window either.

cathrineschmidt

Anything new in this situation? Has it been fixed?

Trevor

message me on AIM or Skype and I can troubleshoot with you.

cathrineschmidt

Any other way? I have neither and I'm in a very different time zone.

Trevor

Quote from: cathrineschmidt on July 03, 2014, 03:49:44 PM
Any other way? I have neither and I'm in a very different time zone.
What instant messenger do you have?
And time zones don't matter much to me.

cathrineschmidt

I have no instant message other than email. I have tried everything now and I still can't get ANY plugin to work in any way. It always download all files to whatever plugin I have tried, even your test plugin, but 'i never get any launch option. And when I go to the "Browse installed plugins to load one..." the directory is empty and the only button that is active is the cancel. Neither the refresh or open directory button works in any way. I have tried this now on 4 different macs. My own MacBook pro retina, my husbands MacBook pro 13" and 2 iMacs. The iMac's and retina had mountain lion, the pro 13" had maveric Same result on everyone. I'd be happy to continue via mail as I really would like to get this to work. I really liked the old version that worked on everything.

Trevor

Quote from: cathrineschmidt on July 24, 2014, 12:54:50 PM
I have no instant message other than email. I have tried everything now and I still can't get ANY plugin to work in any way. It always download all files to whatever plugin I have tried, even your test plugin, but 'i never get any launch option. And when I go to the "Browse installed plugins to load one..." the directory is empty and the only button that is active is the cancel. Neither the refresh or open directory button works in any way. I have tried this now on 4 different macs. My own MacBook pro retina, my husbands MacBook pro 13" and 2 iMacs. The iMac's and retina had mountain lion, the pro 13" had maveric Same result on everyone. I'd be happy to continue via mail as I really would like to get this to work. I really liked the old version that worked on everything.
If you want me to help you troubleshoot, I need to be able to talk with you back and forth quickly, so if you install any instant messenger client, that would be helpful. Or you can meet me on the lackey server and we can chat there.

McFly

I'm also on a Mac (OS X Mavericks 10.9.4) and having the exact same problems as Catherineschmidt is reporting.

I can be available to help you troubleshoot this issue if you need, Trevor?