News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon Update.??

Started by Johnny Blaze, May 21, 2014, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Blaze

So any plans to update this plugin to X-Y..?

Snoops

Yes, here's some information on an major overhaul I'm working on for Pokemon.

-Bigger number of cards (I noticed there are quite a lot of cards missing from the current one, including a couple of current format sets).
-Better quality images. A lot of the current ones are pretty poor quality (p.s. I will only be making a high version, not a medium)
-Consistent text (this is why it's taking me so long). A lot of the current cards have text written in different ways and some of the rarities are wrong etc. I am completely reworking every set to make the text and info more consistent across the board.
-Formats. I am including all formats from the beginning to current.
-Theme decks (NEW). I am including every theme deck for each set.
-Booster packs (NEW). I am also including booster packs for each set.

I have currently updated 60/83 sets (so I have 23 left to do). Completed ones include every set from the current format (as well as XY and Flashfire).

It would have been finished by now but I had to take a long break due to work/family/holiday but I am restarting work on it this week. I can't give an estimate as to when it will be done but hopefully not too long.

Thanks

AuraDragon

Where are you getting your images?

Snoops

Well, from Base Set to Arceus are all scans and from HeartGold & SoulSilver onwards are ripped from the online game. Promo cards are a mixture of both and unfortunately some of those aren't going to be the best quality but easily readable and I'm using the best I can find

Johnny Blaze

how close til its updated..?

Solstar82

Snoops

I'm sorry it's taking a while! I have 14 sets left to go. I'm aiming for release by the end of the month. Maybe before depending on work etc. I might release it once the sets are done so it's out and then update with the remaining decks and booster packs.

In the meantime, have some screenshots!

http://imgur.com/a/G0FTj?

AuraDragon

Ey, were you the same guy who came in to a match when I was playing a guy called Joker and said you were making a new Pokemon plugin?  Or was that some other guy.

Also I tried to send you a PM but it seems it was lost or something, I asked how you got the card images in that PM.

The plugin is looking mighty good!

Snoops

Yeah, I think that was me!

Sorry, I didn't see your pm. Well anyway, to answer your question: for the images from the online game what I did was I took a screenshot of each card and edited in Photoshop. I wasn't going to do it this way as there were some icons covering too much of the picture on the right side of the card but I found a trick that helped.

In the card viewer, after right clicking to look at a card there is a button on the bottom right which lets you see the evolutions and cards linked to it. After clicking that again and the screen goes back to the card you'll find the icons on the right side of the card are now further to the right (only covering a part of the border now so easier to cut out). So, after pasting the screenshot into Photoshop I had a script to cut out the card and save it. The script pretty much done everything for me and was a quick process. As for the rarer cards that have holo effects; I took several screenshots and pasted them together to eliminate the effects covering important parts of the cards.

AuraDragon

I sent you a PM about a method to get cards without the shiny foil effect.

Hyrulianpanda

Just a request: Any chance we could get a set organization for the current modified format?
Also me and a friend were working on adding in some sets of our own just to add them but we ran into an issue where the cards we added were bigger than the other cards.
We only added plasma blast(because we wanted to use cards from it) but I'm kinda a noob at making plugins so I dunno if there was something i didn't do or what. I just added a txt for it and put it into a set so I'm sure I missed something.

Snoops

Quote from: Hyrulianpanda on June 20, 2014, 02:08:52 AM
Just a request: Any chance we could get a set organization for the current modified format?

The latest current format of NXD-FLF (along with the previous year's formats) have already been included as you will see when it's available for download :) here are the formats included: http://i.imgur.com/QWlCz92.jpg (the current is at the top above "Any")

AuraDragon

If you ever need someone to test it with you, give me a shout.  8)

Snoops

Quote from: Snoogy on June 21, 2014, 06:48:59 PM
If you ever need someone to test it with you, give me a shout.  8)

Thanks :) but no need to test now, I have a couple more small things to do and then will upload the final rar to Google Drive (Trevor will host on here in the future). Should be available in the next couple of days!