News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG Conspiracy

Started by topromen, June 05, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topromen

Soooooo are we gonna get conspiracy? :3

I assume so, but I wonder about the boosters.... Idk how the plugin operates as far as booster packs are concerned, but I understand that the new Conspiracy packs are going to do somethng different (replace the land cards with conspiracy cards, or booster manipulating cards). When the update goes live, will the booster option be able to properly simulate this experience, or will it use a default random card pattern?

Anyway, that was my concern/question... Excited for the new set!   ;D

Magnight

I hope so. Boosters in Lackey get added to your card pool, but there are unusual cases like Guild Packs from Return to Ravnica and the Mirran/Phyrexian ones from Scars of Mirrodin already. We might not be able to play it as intended, but I really hope we get to play it.

Bort

the conspiracy cards are all ready but I'm not sure about how the rarity works with the draft cards. Let me know if you know so I can update the plugin.

you can draft conspiracy in lackey and I'll post a tutorial for that. Or you can also do a draft with some web based drafter and import the decks into lackey with a single click.

Magnight

Wikipedia says that it has the usual booster makeup (11 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare/mythic). It looks like the Conspiracy cards all have rarities, too. Compare the symbols in these three:

Gordon228

conspericy card are like normal card but you have a chance to draw them also there is no land in the boosters at all. side note some cards have draft affects.

Bort

I know the draft card replaces the land, and they come in different rarities. what I don't know is it a simple rule like:
X% chance to be a random common,
Y% chance to be a random uncommon,
Z% chance to be a random rare,
Q% chance to be a random mythic

and if so, what exactly are x,y,z,q values?

pickleishopeless

Can we add the cards themselves, and then figure out the semantics of the draft simulation later?  I know many people on the server are eager to update their commander/edh decks.  and Legacy play may be affected as well.

Johnny Blaze

That can wait. it needs to be released when Bort can figure out how to properly utilize it in its DRAFT format. no use playing a format the plugin wont support

Magnight

While I'm tentatively interested in actually drafting it, I'd really just like the cards in the set to play with. The new mechanics look cool, and the draft alterations are neat, but the format isn't my personal focus.

Regardless, I don't know how Wizards allocated it, but if you just go by percentage of a booster taken up, it might give a cursory set of percentages for the Draft card rarities:

Rare: 6.6% repeating
Uncommon: 20%
Common: 73.3% repeating

It probably isn't accurate, but it might provide a decent baseline.

(If you put in Mythics, it's what, 1 mythic per four packs or something? So maybe 4.95% rare/1.65% mythic.)

Gordon228

well there the problem you have a chance to get a card with a draft affect or conspiracy i got my self 6 packs and only 2 conspiracy and 2 cards with draft affects so you have a chance to get then just like mythics now for conspiracy cards you have a chance to get any of the rarities so it would be vary hard to do packs for it unless one pack had about 20 different percentages or maybe less.

Bort

What format do conspiracy cards belong to? Standard? Modern? Anyone know how it should be listed as?

Magnight

According to the announcement on the Wizards site: "There are sixty-five new cards in Conspiracy. Fifty-two of the new cards will be legal in Legacy and Vintage; thirteen cards will not." So, take that as you will?

Bort

i posted conspiracy update. ill do some tweaks in the weeks to come

topromen