News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Labels for Canned Messages?

Started by Jynks, June 17, 2014, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

When you make a canned message, the command itself shows on the button... If you add !name! before it just shows the name... but also includes the ! marks..

So

!Refresh!/function 1;/player stat1 +1;/draw 1

Shows on the button as !Refresh!

Is there ay other way to do this same thing with out those ! marks? Just a button name... nice and clean.

Trevor

Quote from: Tragic on June 17, 2014, 04:26:22 PM
When you make a canned message, the command itself shows on the button... If you add !name! before it just shows the name... but also includes the ! marks..

So

!Refresh!/function 1;/player stat1 +1;/draw 1

Shows on the button as !Refresh!

Is there ay other way to do this same thing with out those ! marks? Just a button name... nice and clean.
The problem with removing those ! marks is that people wouldn't know there is a difference. I don't think it's a good idea to completely hide the fact that it isn't just a chat message. The ! lets you know it's more, and I think that's a safer and more secure way of doing things. You never know what someone might try to encapsulate in a command, and if you have no way of knowing if there is more to it than a simple message, that can cause confusion.

Jynks

hmmm I guess... but considering any other message would have /command in it.. I do not see how they could be confused?

Alastair

People are easily confused. ;-) I think this request is more of a cosmetic thing. As it stands now I like that the exclamation points are there, like Trevor point out, to notify the person that when they click they're doing more than just a quick chat message.