News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Connection Issue

Started by cyberneticpony, July 01, 2014, 01:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberneticpony

So I'm really baffled by a problem I have; Lackey is constantly dropping out every few minutes or so. In order to try and see what was going on, I tried running a ping test to google simultaneously to see if there was an issue with my internet at that time. However, whenever I disconnect from Lackey, the ping test doesn't seem to even spot any lag; I'm still getting a 20ms average ping to it. I'm not sure what's at fault, Lackey, or something in my setup? Any suggestions? The ping test shows no dropped packets or timeouts or destination unreachable messages.

Alastair

A test like that would only be telling if Lackey was hosted on one of the google servers. You'd need to monitor the connection between yourself and the lackey game server (not the forum or webserver as those are in a different location).

cyberneticpony

Quote from: Alastair on July 01, 2014, 03:40:17 PM
A test like that would only be telling if Lackey was hosted on one of the google servers. You'd need to monitor the connection between yourself and the lackey game server (not the forum or webserver as those are in a different location).

It was mostly to verify my internet connection was stable. Why would my connection to the Lackey service be unstable while it's fine for every other service?

Gordon228

your internet c onnection might be stable everywhere else but the server is being hosted in Trevor's house and thus might not be stable for you

cyberneticpony

Quote from: Gordon228 on July 02, 2014, 02:43:08 AM
your internet c onnection might be stable everywhere else but the server is being hosted in Trevor's house and thus might not be stable for you

So does that mean I'm effectively screwed?

cyberneticpony

Problem went away on its own, no idea...