News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[Suggestion] Locked Componants

Started by Jynks, July 04, 2014, 08:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Now there is the possibility of proper custom dice coming ot lackey.. I am getting super excited for converting some of my fav board games.

I think I will start with MAGE KNIGHT or maybe another simpler dungeon game.

Anyway... many games now have modular boards created in setup or during the game through explorer actions. The deck system is fect for this.. just make a deck of the location tiles.. draw and place.. What Lackey needs is a way to completely lock the tile. Similar to the function that stops it form tapping or refreshing.. but this function would make it 100% unclickable.. and immune to drag select and stuff. So it basically becomes part of the background so we can move and place figures on top of it. So locking would make it always at the bottom of the buffer.

This could be done in the same way as before.. a little blue line cube in the corner of the image (like the red one for untp) maybe you could make it so that double clicking directly on that blue line box the tile unlocks?

Finally the marker for locked should be centered on the image. Often modular tiles are odd shapes, the most common is a octgn. If you have it in the corners the mark will often be off in space...

Alastair

I think this is a good idea. I can definitely see the advantage to being able to "freeze" (I can think it's safe to call it that since it is more than a simple tap/untap lock) a piece in place, as it would open up alot of possibilities with games that have yet to come to lackey.

Trevor

I will implement the lock function. I don't recall why I haven't done this in the past.

Regarding the placement of the symbol, I put it off to the side because I think people would mind it smack dab in the middle of the image, for aesthetic reasons.

Jynks

I understand that. But if you have a irregular shaped tile using transparency, like an octagon, then the tab to unlock would be off the visible tile completely, meaning that when you place a tile neatly next to it, the tab will get lost.

Maybe make a new button to the tap (where the scale buttons are) that unlocks  / Locks all. So you can lock it with no tabs, then use the button to unlock all for when you need to adjust it.

Also, is there a way to remove the grid placment? So you can place a object with out it jumping about. A moduar board will require visual placment