News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[Question] - No Scaling of table?

Started by Jynks, July 04, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

I am thinking of trying to make some boardgame in lackey.. but there are a few things I think might be needed and I am not sure if it is possible or not..

1) Can you set lackey so that the scaling of the viewport dose NOT deform the player table. So the player table is simply the exact size of the player table art image and the user just needs to use the zoom / pan functions... any adjustment of the window sizes for cards or w/e will not affect the table in anyway?

Basically one of the things that I think LackeyCCG needs to do boardgames is have absolute image sizes. Each user can zoom the field out or in. Still many board game components fit snugly into slots on baords and stuff like that and what we really need is for the user to have the components set to 100% and the board set to not scale at all. Then the plugin designer can make each part of the graphics fit perfectly with every other part.

Trevor

Show me a specific instance where you aren't getting the desired effect. Since the windows can be stretched, the table stretches and therefore the playmat stretches, BUT the position of things on the table should also stretch. For example, if a card is in the middle of the first quadrant, it should stay in the middle of the first quadrant no matter what shape that quadrant is.
My fear is that if I try to make stretching not happen at all, then that would greatly reduce the freedom people have with the shape of the window. Some people make the table really landscape, some make it portrait, and some make it square. And some like me, vary it a lot. On iPad, for example, I find myself switching back and forth often.

But I want to make sure this doesn't get into the way of playing games. It is my current understanding that it does not, but if you can show me a picture that illustrates a problem in the current design, then maybe I can fix it.

Jynks

I'll have to test it. I havn't tried it yet,, I just assumed it would be a problem.

Is there a way to turn off the grid, so objects can be placed completely freely on the virtual space? At the moment they sorta jump to a location.

Trevor

Quote from: Tragic on July 05, 2014, 01:08:26 PM
I'll have to test it. I havn't tried it yet,, I just assumed it would be a problem.

Is there a way to turn off the grid, so objects can be placed completely freely on the virtual space? At the moment they sorta jump to a location.
I tried early on having no grid, but this made it annoying to align things. People wanted to have things be neat and aligned, so it just became tedious for them to align them manually. There will always be a grid now. However, the plugin maker has control of how big the grid is, and with small enough grid squares, there is effectively no grid. The plugin maker also has control if the cards fall in the middle of the squares or on the intersections.