News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

July 12th 2014 update won't run on Mac

Started by Disciple of Doran, July 12, 2014, 09:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disciple of Doran

So, yeah, just exactly what the title says.  I have a Mac, and when I try to run the program (After bypassing the "unknown publisher" restrictions, I immediately get an error message saying that it has encountered a problem, and that I should try updating my software, reinstalling the program and/or contacting the publisher.  I have the most recent OS updates currently available, and reinstalling had no effect, so here I am.  Any suggestions?  Am I the only one this is happening to?

EDIT: The mac version should now be fixed as of 5PM EST. -Trevor

Trevor

What version of OSX are you running? I was aware of it probably not working on mac OSX lower than 10.9 but this should be fixed within a few days. I had to use a new library in order to release the iPad version but I haven't gotten around to getting it to be compatible with 10.6-10.8 yet. It will be soon though.

MrPeoplesTeam

IOS came out with a new update yesterday. 10.9.4

Disciple of Doran

I was running 10.9.2 when I posted this issue.  I'm now running 10.9.4 and having the same problem.  I have tried reinstalling again since the software update as well.

kalimir

hi, actually the new version does not work on Mac, I have installed the 10.9.4. Reported the error that appears when trying to run the application. I hope that helps. Greetings.

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on July 12, 2014, 10:02:01 AM
What version of OSX are you running? I was aware of it probably not working on mac OSX lower than 10.9 but this should be fixed within a few days. I had to use a new library in order to release the iPad version but I haven't gotten around to getting it to be compatible with 10.6-10.8 yet. It will be soon though.

Could it be that you have linked Lackey against the libidn libraries you obtained via homebrew etc? Those managers tend to use /opt for installation ...

I managed to get it up and running by getting the appropriate libraries to opt/local/lib; I needed to create links to
libidn.11.dylib
libssl.1.0.0.dylib
libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

If I would venture a guess then libcurl might be the offender.

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on July 12, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

Could it be that you have linked Lackey against the libidn libraries you obtained via homebrew etc? Those managers tend to use /opt for installation ...

I managed to get it up and running by getting the appropriate libraries to opt/local/lib; I needed to create links to
libidn.11.dylib
libssl.1.0.0.dylib
libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

I'm trying to figure out how to compile libcurl to work properly on macs. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know on Skype (trevoragnitti).

bunz

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on July 12, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

libidn.11.dylib
libssl.1.0.0.dylib
libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

I'm trying to figure out how to compile libcurl to work properly on macs. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know on Skype (trevoragnitti).
Why not link against /usr/lib/libcurl4.dylib? Or do you rely on openssl for some operations?

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on July 12, 2014, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: Trevor on July 12, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

libidn.11.dylib
libssl.1.0.0.dylib
libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib

Why not link against /usr/lib/libcurl4.dylib? Or do you rely on openssl for some operations?
Great idea. That seems to work.

I updated the mac version. Mac folks who had an error, please test the version I just put up and let me know if you still have a problem.

kalimir

Hey !! It seems to work fine now with OSX 10.9 !! Thanks  :)

Disciple of Doran

Appears to be running well on 10.9.4 now.  Currently moving over plugin, you'll hear back from me if there are any further issues.  Nice work  :D

paco5005

I have 10.6.8 and Lackey doesn't run for me. Anybody else?

Escape

Same here Maj, I got nothing with my 10.6.8, maybe in a few days.

Thanks for all the hard work though Trev.

Trevor

Quote from: Escape on July 12, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
Same here Maj, I got nothing with my 10.6.8, maybe in a few days.

Thanks for all the hard work though Trev.
I'll fix the 10.6 launch issue as soon as I can. Luckily my brother has a 10.6 computer I can test on. First I'm going to fix the images not loading reported elsewhere. Updates will be frequent.