News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin Upload

Started by RoyMaster4, July 22, 2014, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyMaster4

Hi, I was on here back in the day and the creator of one of the plugins in the main topic (The Super Smash Bros game, of which the link no longer works). I've been working on a recreation of that game, but I have run into a couple of small problems trying to refine the system.

- In order to make a functioning updatelist and version file, I need a place to upload all of the text files and image files. I can't seem to find a good place - Photobucket no longer keeps the image name the same if I re-upload a single image, and it doesn't do text anyways.

- For player stats, there used to be a simple +/- command, but now there is an extra step needed in which you open the menu to change them. Is there a way of reverting this back to the old method?

- Is it possible to randomize which pack image to use when selected? I know no curren plugins do it, but for example, Pokemon's base pack has Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise, but currently only shows Venusaur. Just thought it'd be a nice touch.

Thanks in advance.

Jynks

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 05:28:43 PM- In order to make a functioning updatelist and version file, I need a place to upload all of the text files and image files. I can't seem to find a good place - Photobucket no longer keeps the image name the same if I re-upload a single image, and it doesn't do text anyways.

DropBox is the best cheap way I know of. Many plugin people use dropbox to hose the files. The problem is dropbox uses https and at this very moment that only works on the Mac version. Though Trevor is planning to try and fix this soon.

Once you have it set up, just store you files on the drop box on yoru local and any updates will go to the net. It works very well. It can even use the cardURL system so you do not need to individualy list every card url like you would on postimage or w/e

If you do not have a dropbox account send me a PM as if you invite other people you gain some free GB of space added to your account. I could use some more!

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 05:28:43 PM- For player stats, there used to be a simple +/- command, but now there is an extra step needed in which you open the menu to change them. Is there a way of reverting this back to the old method?

No. This is a new function introduced as part of the port to Pads. You can however (and I do in my plugins) make a button to do this same function.

In the CHAT MACRO section add this code...

!-Name!/player stat1 -1
!+Name!/player stat1 +1

Unfortunately you can not remove the "!" marks.. but it still works fine. . this and other macro commands are in the tutorials on the main page, there is a similar function for global stats that I forget. These commands can also be called as scripts btw. If you want some automation of costs or w/e (I do not recommend that but it is an option)

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 05:28:43 PM- Is it possible to randomize which pack image to use when selected? I know no curren plugins do it, but for example, Pokemon's base pack has Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise, but currently only shows Venusaur. Just thought it'd be a nice touch.

I do not think so. Wouldn't this lead to confusion anyway?... w/e.. You will have to ask Trevor.

RoyMaster4

Quote from: Tragic on July 22, 2014, 07:02:01 PMDropBox is the best cheap way I know of. Many plugin people use dropbox to hose the files. The problem is dropbox uses https and at this very moment that only works on the Mac version. Though Trevor is planning to try and fix this soon.

Once you have it set up, just store you files on the drop box on yoru local and any updates will go to the net. It works very well. It can even use the cardURL system so you do not need to individualy list every card url like you would on postimage or w/e

If you do not have a dropbox account send me a PM as if you invite other people you gain some free GB of space added to your account. I could use some more!
Unfortunately, I don't use a mac... But good to know for the future. I was attempting to use Webs but it won't load the text files on my computer so I've given up on that prospect.

Quote from: Tragic on July 22, 2014, 07:02:01 PMNo. This is a new function introduced as part of the port to Pads. You can however (and I do in my plugins) make a button to do this same function.

In the CHAT MACRO section add this code...

!-Name!/player stat1 -1
!+Name!/player stat1 +1

Unfortunately you can not remove the "!" marks.. but it still works fine. . this and other macro commands are in the tutorials on the main page, there is a similar function for global stats that I forget. These commands can also be called as scripts btw. If you want some automation of costs or w/e (I do not recommend that but it is an option)
Hm... I think I will do this. Thanks!

Jynks

dropbox is the way to go, tervor is doing a hot fix, as the windows support for dropbox only just broke a week or so ago. I still recommend this as the best zero cost solution.

RoyMaster4

Looking into dropbox... A couple questions.

- How do I get a direct link? Like this doesn't seem like a direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk8kgqtpcbor4to/updatelist.txt
- Are links the same if I change a file? It could be frustrating to have to update the updatelist every time I change a single file.
- Do all files within the same folder have the same starting link? For purposes of CardGeneralURLs. I noticed when playing around that the updatelist and the version text files started differently (For example, https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt808c14ltqxxua/version.txt - it starts with pt808 instead of fk8kg even though they're in the same dropbox folder).

Jynks

Pity you didn't PM me so I could get the extra space :( I ask so little and give so much hehehe

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 09:33:35 PM- How do I get a direct link? Like this doesn't seem like a direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk8kgqtpcbor4to/updatelist.txt

Put the files in the PUBLIC folder. Then in a sub dir... rightclick copy dropbox link should do it

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 09:33:35 PM- Are links the same if I change a file? It could be frustrating to have to update the updatelist every time I change a single file.

the links do not change, but everytime you change a file you need to update the version file and the update text file. That file stores all the needed files that are not cards or tokens or w/e that the game uses. It also stores a checksum for those files. Anytime you make any changes you update the update file to store the new correct checksums. The version file is check when the plugin loads and if it is a newer date than then one they have it will auto trigger an update dialogue.

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 22, 2014, 09:33:35 PM- Do all files within the same folder have the same starting link? For purposes of CardGeneralURLs. I noticed when playing around that the updatelist and the version text files started differently (For example, https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt808c14ltqxxua/version.txt - it starts with pt808 instead of fk8kg even though they're in the same dropbox folder).

Yes they do. Typicly for my plugins I have a root dir in public called Lackey, then I have the plugin dir. Then in that dir I have every file needed for the plugin. I have a dir in that for the skin, and a dir that I dump in ALL the cards. That card directory is referenced only in the update text and works fine..

RoyMaster4

Oh shoot... sorry about that. I thought I'd find a point during the installation to say you reccomended me, sorry...

Quote from: Tragic on July 23, 2014, 12:22:38 AMthe links do not change, but everytime you change a file you need to update the version file and the update text file. That file stores all the needed files that are not cards or tokens or w/e that the game uses. It also stores a checksum for those files. Anytime you make any changes you update the update file to store the new correct checksums. The version file is check when the plugin loads and if it is a newer date than then one they have it will auto trigger an update dialogue.
I understand that, but it's easier to simply update the checksums than have to edit the urls as well.

Unfortunately, there's another problem... According to Dropbox, 'Currently only Pro and Dropbox for Business users can enable Public folders, so you may have to upgrade first.'. That means I can't use a public folder. Is there a way around this, or do I need to find something other than dropbox?

Snoops

Unfortunately, there's another problem... According to Dropbox, 'Currently only Pro and Dropbox for Business users can enable Public folders, so you may have to upgrade first.'. That means I can't use a public folder. Is there a way around this, or do I need to find something other than dropbox?

Try Google Drive, you just need a basic Google account. You can share links for public use and you get more space as a free user than Dropbox.

RoyMaster4

Quote from: Snoops on July 23, 2014, 10:24:11 AMTry Google Drive, you just need a basic Google account. You can share links for public use and you get more space as a free user than Dropbox.
Can't find anything on google drive that allows me to share direct links for public use. I can share with individuals and only with people that are on my network, no one else.

Experimenting with dropbox a bit more, I managed to create a direct link that keeps the same link while replacing the file when I replace it on my computer. It's nice (even though the link is weird for each, for example https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pt808c14ltqxxua/version.txt), but this doesn't solve the problem with CardGeneralURLs, as each individual one is going to have a different link. I could make an updatelist with each card individually, but when you have hundreds of cards that seems really tedious.

Jynks

I do not know what to tell you.. it works. It is that simple.. it just works.. There is nothing "fancy" you need to do.. you just right click on the link and select copy drop box link.. end of story..

All my plugins are hosted this way and there is no problem.

right click and copy the link... you get something like this

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/updatelist.txt

A card in the directory down has this link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/Cards/AFfB01a.png

The link for the card url is this... (in this case)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9169569/LackeyCCG/LoTR-LCG/Cards/

I do not know what to say. it works.. it works perfectly.

Just remember, like I said a few times...  that the windows version of lackey has a bug in it at the mo so it can not access https:// but this is getting fixed asap.. so it WILL NOT work on windows at this time

Also, as I said before the files need to be inside the PUBLIC folder.

Jynks

Quote from: RoyMaster4 on July 23, 2014, 09:08:42 AMUnfortunately, there's another problem... According to Dropbox, 'Currently only Pro and Dropbox for Business users can enable Public folders, so you may have to upgrade first.'. That means I can't use a public folder. Is there a way around this, or do I need to find something other than dropbox?

hmm I need to read closer... Um.. I do not know.. I guess it will not work then with drop box. I didn't do anything.. maybe older accounts didn't get changed?

RoyMaster4

Quote from: Tragic on July 23, 2014, 09:23:38 PMhmm I need to read closer... Um.. I do not know.. I guess it will not work then with drop box. I didn't do anything.. maybe older accounts didn't get changed?
Yeah, apparently, this was changed a year and a half ago? After October 4th, 2012, you have to pay for a public folder. If you had one before then though, you get to keep it.

So now I need another solution... >_<

Jynks

I'm testing other options now ....

Copy.com is good.. gives direct links.. but obfuscates the directories... while you could use it to host a things in a website or w/e... you would need to list every card image manually.

Box.com is no good.. same as dropbox.. apparently it has a public URL but you also have to pay for it.

About to test ozibox.. hope it works as it gives you 100GB free!

RoyMaster4

Thanks for all you're doing to help! Really wish I didn't just go ahead and download dropbox without PMing you...

If worse comes to worse, I can always use Photobucket for the card images and dropbox for the rest.

Jynks

no luck... I've made a post on reddit in /r/cloud maybe a site with that kind of user count might have a answer. Otherwise you will need to just do the file list your self, one ofr each image :(