A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

UPdate 25-07-14

Started by Heinrik, July 25, 2014, 07:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Gordon228 on July 27, 2014, 06:31:48 PM
He means im him on aim
or any instant messenger program of your choice.

may_wolf

After downloading updates via Lackey updater, I am unable to open Lackey and am having the exact same issues as luksus322:
1.  When I attempt to open lackey, I get the error ?This application has failed to start because Normaliz.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix the problem (See screenshot #1)
2. When I place the normalize.dll file from this forum, and attempt to open Lackey, I get a second error: ?The application or DLL C:\ProgramFiles\LaceyCCGBetaWin\LackeyCCG\Normailize.dll is not a valid Windows  image. Please check this against your installation diskette.? (See screenshot#2)
3.  Additionally, I tried pasting the normalize file in the system32 file instead but I still got the second ?not a valid Windows image error.

Does anyone know what the solution is to this?

Trevor

If you IM me on the instant messenger client of your choice I can help you troubleshoot.

Also, try the DLL from here:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/736315-missing-dll.html

Was lackey working for you before in a previous version?

From the google searches I've done, this seems unrelated to LackeyCCG and isn't a bug.

may_wolf

I looked at the "Solved: missing dll" webpage link and I already tried to put the normalize file in the system32 folder (see screenshot and ...not a valid Windows image error attached). 

Yes, Lackey was working fine (and I was able to get on the server) before the 25-07-14 update.

If I do system restore to the former version of Lackey, I can open Lackey but when I try to connect to the server, it says that I must update to the new version of Lackey.  Once I use the Lackey updater and I try to open Lackey, it no longer opens and I start getting the .dll errors (as explained in my last post).

I should also mention that otherwise my computer is working fine and my best friend who I usually play is getting the exact same errors as me after updating.

Trevor

Quote from: may_wolf on August 02, 2014, 10:40:48 PM
I looked at the "Solved: missing dll" webpage link and I already tried to put the normalize file in the system32 folder (see screenshot and ...not a valid Windows image error attached). 

Yes, Lackey was working fine (and I was able to get on the server) before the 25-07-14 update.

If I do system restore to the former version of Lackey, I can open Lackey but when I try to connect to the server, it says that I must update to the new version of Lackey.  Once I use the Lackey updater and I try to open Lackey, it no longer opens and I start getting the .dll errors (as explained in my last post).

I should also mention that otherwise my computer is working fine and my best friend who I usually play is getting the exact same errors as me after updating.
i'll see if I can figure it out.

Trevor

I just uploaded a fix for the normaliz.dll error some people reported.

mathman1550

There seems to be something wrong with locking the windows resizing bars. Every time I close Lackey or switch to a different plugin, the right bar goes all the way to the edge, whether I have the box checked or not.