News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Uninstall.txt Question

Started by RoyMaster4, July 27, 2014, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyMaster4

I view the uninstall.txt as a way to patch in balance changes to a TCG - remove old cards so we can add in the replacement images (using the CardGeneralURLs format, this seems to be the only way to replace card images without changing the imagename in carddata and uploading under a different name).

Now, when I make an uninstall.txt, I remove all of the cards that need to be swapped out. For example:
<uninstall>
<dateYYMMDD>140727</dateYYMMDD>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card23.jpg</removepath>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card45.jpg</removepath>
</uninstall>

However, say at a later time, I need to introduce another patch which changes more old cards. Also say that not everyone who plays my TCG got that previous balance patch, so I don't want to remove the old stuff, otherwise those few won't get the last balance patch and problems arise. Of course, with the date format there isn't an issue for new people accidentally receiving the balance patch I already put out, but I want to put out a second one.

Can I do something like this in a single text file?

<uninstall>
<dateYYMMDD>140727</dateYYMMDD>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card23.jpg</removepath>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card45.jpg</removepath>
</uninstall>
<uninstall>
<dateYYMMDD>140731</dateYYMMDD>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card33.jpg</removepath>
<removepath>sets/setimages/Base/Card76.jpg</removepath>
</uninstall>

This way, I keep the old patch while adding in a new one. To test it myself I'd have to edit cards that don't need to be edited at the moment... I just want to know if this works.

Trevor

That's a good suggestion. I'll see if I can add that.