iPad version of LackeyCCG submitted to the app store today

Started by Trevor, July 31, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: neverburnaclown on August 10, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
don't want to ruin your announcement or anything, so posting this here.

downloaded the app from the appstore, took some screenshots:
http://www.roosteredge.com/antihero/lackey/

this is on an ipad 2 with the newest ios release. the app itself looks like its zoomed way in, to the point where things are unreadable and multiple decks are inaccessable. there's no way to read half the pref options either. in portrait mode, it cuts off more of the text and options.

is there a fix to unzoom it out? on your lackey screenshots for the ipad, it looks like it's farther back than the one i just downloaded from the appstore.

but seriously, can I zoom the entire app out like...20 feet or something?
oh crap. Is that one of those iPad minis? I don't have one of those so I wasn't able to actually test that, but I should be able to fix that asap.

neverburnaclown

no, ipad 2, second generation ipad, running ios 7.1.2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_2

that one, from like march 2011.

screen resolution on these is 1024x768

Trevor

Quote from: neverburnaclown on August 10, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
no, ipad 2, second generation ipad, running ios 7.1.2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_2

that one, from like march 2011.

screen resolution on these is 1024x768
Oh, so not a retina display. I can fix that easy. Sorry about the confusion.

neverburnaclown

yeah, no worries man. i like the program, its worth the 6 bucks or so.

also, a couple things (i've been playing with it with my plugin loaded to test it out. plug in loads work fine, card downloads via the program work fine, even for 2500 cards):

see back image of card. on the mac version you hit shift. how do you do that on the ipad? in the SWCCG, there are front/back image cards, but when building a deck, it helps to be able to read both front and back images, you know? works on the mac side (and pc side, i'm sure) but on the ipad i'm kinda lost on the "press shift to view back of card" thing.

scrolling through card list. in a future release or something, could you add in touch scrolling? like swipe scrolling? using the scroll up down arrows and scroll bar is kinda...retarded on an ipad. it's functional (though difficult) the way it is, so that's not as important.

other than the blown up view though, seems functional. slight learning curve with remembering to turn it back to left click when you go build a deck (i accidentally was on right click mode and going "why can't i go back to the game tab...")

loading a deck is another learning curve. you have to select "right click" and then hold and move your finger through the options, rather than it just appearing and you tapping on what you need. if you just right click and tap, the menu flashes, and then disappears. (edit) actually, this and the above part with the right click are the issue. I was on right click, tapped on the guy to load a deck, but with tapping and not holding, i loaded into the edit profile and couldn't figure out how to get back. perhaps make the right click a one time use and then it autoswitches back to left click?)

the biggest issue is that blown up view though, hard to check some things out (ie, naming decks, which i can't even see).

Trevor

Quote from: neverburnaclown on August 10, 2014, 06:32:34 PM
yeah, no worries man. i like the program, its worth the 6 bucks or so.

also, a couple things (i've been playing with it with my plugin loaded to test it out. plug in loads work fine, card downloads via the program work fine, even for 2500 cards):

see back image of card. on the mac version you hit shift. how do you do that on the ipad? in the SWCCG, there are front/back image cards, but when building a deck, it helps to be able to read both front and back images, you know? works on the mac side (and pc side, i'm sure) but on the ipad i'm kinda lost on the "press shift to view back of card" thing.
I will fix that. I will make it so a right-click toggles the back of the card, or maybe a double-click.

scrolling through card list. in a future release or something, could you add in touch scrolling? like swipe scrolling? using the scroll up down arrows and scroll bar is kinda...retarded on an ipad. it's functional (though difficult) the way it is, so that's not as important.
Agreed. I will update that.

other than the blown up view though, seems functional. slight learning curve with remembering to turn it back to left click when you go build a deck (i accidentally was on right click mode and going "why can't i go back to the game tab...")

loading a deck is another learning curve. you have to select "right click" and then hold and move your finger through the options, rather than it just appearing and you tapping on what you need. if you just right click and tap, the menu flashes, and then disappears. (edit) actually, this and the above part with the right click are the issue. I was on right click, tapped on the guy to load a deck, but with tapping and not holding, i loaded into the edit profile and couldn't figure out how to get back. perhaps make the right click a one time use and then it autoswitches back to left click?)
Maybe this is due to the zoom issue. You should be able to load a deck the exact same way as with the desktop lackey. and there are many ways to load a deck.
It's reasons like this that I'm glad I haven't started advertising that Lackey is available now. Thanks for the info. Fixes coming as soon as possible.

neverburnaclown

QuoteMaybe this is due to the zoom issue. You should be able to load a deck the exact same way as with the desktop lackey. and there are many ways to load a deck.
It's reasons like this that I'm glad I haven't started advertising that Lackey is available now. Thanks for the info. Fixes coming as soon as possible.

yeah, i was wondering how much of this was related to that zoom issue.

i also didn't want to start posting bugs/possible feature things in the bug forum since you hadn't exactly said "HEY EVERYONE, IPAD IS UP" and ruin it for you.

all in all, though, good work. look forward to the update (and the ipad seems like a great way to use the program).

Trevor

Quote from: neverburnaclown on August 10, 2014, 08:00:28 PM
QuoteMaybe this is due to the zoom issue. You should be able to load a deck the exact same way as with the desktop lackey. and there are many ways to load a deck.

yeah, i was wondering how much of this was related to that zoom issue.

i also didn't want to start posting bugs/possible feature things in the bug forum since you hadn't exactly said "HEY EVERYONE, IPAD IS UP" and ruin it for you.

all in all, though, good work. look forward to the update (and the ipad seems like a great way to use the program).
I just posted an update to the app store for version 1.0.1. This is the first time I've made an update to the iPad version, so I'm not sure how long it takes for it to be live.
I believe I fixed your zoom issue. Please let me know if things look better for you on your non-retina device.
I would also love to hear feedback from anyone who has an iPad mini. I haven't had a chance to test on that specifically. I'd love a screenshot if you can send me one.
Furthermore, I added the ability to control the size of the text on the buttons (and therefore the buttons themselves) in the Appearance section of the Preferences Panel. I'd also like feedback if people like the default size I chose for the buttons. If I make them too small, it's hard to touch them. If I make them too big, there is little room for the interface. Let me know how you like the default sizes, as well as if the minimum and maximum sizes for the fonts are sufficient for you.
You can now double-click the card viewer to view the alternate face of a 2-sided card.

neverburnaclown

From what I gather, updates to apps take usually the same amount of time as the initial app upload. So plan on about a week. I'll let you know what it looks like with some screenshots when the update drops.

Jynks

Can not wait for this! Apple has some strict rules about apps that acess the file system, so I hope in fact gets to run!

Also with the new Dice Roller incoming and the lock functions boardgames might become a legit lackey plugin!

McFly

The iPad Mini has the same resolution as the iPad 2 (1024x768), and the iPad Mini with Retina Display has the same resolution as both the iPad with Retina Display and iPad Air (2048x1536).  So as long as it's fine on both the regular and Retina iPads, then you won't find anything different with the iPad Mini. :)

Trevor

Quote from: McFly on August 13, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
The iPad Mini has the same resolution as the iPad 2 (1024x768), and the iPad Mini with Retina Display has the same resolution as both the iPad with Retina Display and iPad Air (2048x1536).  So as long as it's fine on both the regular and Retina iPads, then you won't find anything different with the iPad Mini. :)
I'm pretty sure the fix I did will work, but I actually haven't been able to test it personally.

McFly

Quote from: Trevor on August 13, 2014, 07:56:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the fix I did will work, but I actually haven't been able to test it personally.

I have an iPad 2 so will be able to let you know. :)

beank

Congrats on the submission! I hope that it makes it to the store with no problems!

But sadly, my tablet is android.... my phone is apple....

Hope to see an Android version some time....

Thanks for all the work you put into this program!

Robes

I'm on IPad mini 2 and nothing appears in the installed plugins list.  I've used an auto update URL for two separate games but I can't load either one, any ideas?

Trevor

Quote from: Robes on August 17, 2014, 03:32:40 AM
I'm on IPad mini 2 and nothing appears in the installed plugins list.  I've used an auto update URL for two separate games but I can't load either one, any ideas?
on some non-American iPads, you can't load a plugin from the browser, but if you use the auto update URL to install/update a plugin, and there are no errors in the files downloaded, you can load the plugin without using the browse button immediately after the update. I posted a fix to this issue but apple has been really slow in making it live. Sorry, please be patient for the update to be live.