iPad version of LackeyCCG submitted to the app store today

Started by Trevor, July 31, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robes

Thanks, fingers crossed the update is released soon.

scissorfish

Can we/should we start an official iOS feature request thread?  Until then...

Right clicking is a pain when you have to hold down your finger and browse through a menu. A simple toggle click on, toggle click off would be easier. It's tough to navigate to the discard random X cards and press the correct number when your finger is blocking the tiny number buttons.

Also, when you load a deck that has many tabs (Space Hulk Death Angel plugin for example), you can't scroll the tabs to see all of them in the deck editor.

Trevor

Quote from: scissorfish on August 18, 2014, 02:44:39 PM
Can we/should we start an official iOS feature request thread?  Until then...

Right clicking is a pain when you have to hold down your finger and browse through a menu. A simple toggle click on, toggle click off would be easier. It's tough to navigate to the discard random X cards and press the correct number when your finger is blocking the tiny number buttons.

Also, when you load a deck that has many tabs (Space Hulk Death Angel plugin for example), you can't scroll the tabs to see all of them in the deck editor.
I will make a new thread for the iPad version once I officially announce it. (Waiting on the SLOW process for them to post the version I uploaded on the august 8th.)
I'll look at ways of making the scrolling of lists better. But remember there are many different ways of doing everything. For discarding X random cards, I suggest you double-click the corresponding game-zone tab and use the dialogue there. Check the game play tutorial video if you don't know about that.

Regarding the tabs not fitting, I have a few comments. First, this shouldn't happen since it should form additional rows as needed, so there is indeed a bug. I never tested a plugin with so many different deck zones. As a quick fix, the plugin maker could reduce the length of the name of the deck zones. (Instead of "Event deck", he could call it "Events" and instead of "Location deck" he could call it simply "Locations". Labeling any deck zone as a "deck" is a little redundant.)
On iPad, do things fit if you put it in landscape? Some things look better in landscape and some things look better in portrait. On iPad, I find myself switching often for a different layout.
The iPad version I posted that is not yet live allows you to change the font size of things, and therefore how large the buttons are and therefore how the entire interface is spaced. So once that is live, that might help.

scissorfish

Quote from: Trevor on August 18, 2014, 03:32:52 PM
I will make a new thread for the iPad version once I officially announce it. (Waiting on the SLOW process for them to post the version I uploaded on the august 8th.)
I'll look at ways of making the scrolling of lists better. But remember there are many different ways of doing everything. For discarding X random cards, I suggest you double-click the corresponding game-zone tab and use the dialogue there. Check the game play tutorial video if you don't know about that.

Ah my bad on waiting for the official announcement. My excitement got the better of me-

And thanks for pro tip about double clicking, clearly I need to get my butt over to the site and watch all the tutorial vids-

Trevor

Version 1.0.1 was just made live. Can someone with a non-retina or a mini iPad that it now works?

neverburnaclown

looks a lot better. let me get some screen shots for you.

http://www.roosteredge.com/antihero/lackey2/

seems to work pretty well. the plug in load window seems odd. can't select any other plugins (but then, i only have one loaded)

much easier to deal with now that its not as blown out. scrolling is still an issue sometimes (the arrows sometimes don't read, and you end up jump scrolling with the scroll bar) but it works.

double tap works perfect, and i like how it holds after you double tap rather than the shift version where it reverts back when you let go of shift.

i like how you can increase the zoom on the table by unpinching your fingers. not quickly, mind you, but i do like that.

Robes

Still can't load plugins on the new version.

Also, weirdly the update has made two icons for Lackey.

neverburnaclown

I tested Robes' issue. I can load a plugin via one of the update lists. On the list itself, where you would go to load a plugin already downloaded and installed, it shows this window:

http://www.roosteredge.com/antihero/lackey2/IMG_6134.png

i've downloaded and installed 4 plugins via the updatelist.txt's and it does the same thing each time.

if you click on the browse installed plugins button, you get the above image.

however, if you click on the drop down menu "load recent plugins" you can select any of the plugins you have loaded prior.

it's almost as if the "browse installed plugins to load one" button option doesn't function properly, or at least that menu that pops up doesn't function properly, but the drop down menu to the right does:

http://www.roosteredge.com/antihero/lackey2/IMG_8220.png

now, is there a way to delete a plugin? on the mac you can just remove it from the file directory. but on the ipad?

also, no idea about the double icon thing. mine appears only as one app. so can't help with that one.

discocloud

There seems to be a problem with the LotR LCG plugin.  One of the items fails to download (the readme of all things) and this seems to prevent iPad Lackey from doing whatever it does at the end of a successful download - it doesn't pop up the success window.  This means the LotR plugin doesn't get added to the recently loaded plugins list and because of the above problem you can't browse it in either.

Trevor

Quote from: discocloud on August 19, 2014, 03:48:19 AM
There seems to be a problem with the LotR LCG plugin.  One of the items fails to download (the readme of all things) and this seems to prevent iPad Lackey from doing whatever it does at the end of a successful download - it doesn't pop up the success window.  This means the LotR plugin doesn't get added to the recently loaded plugins list and because of the above problem you can't browse it in either.
The issue with the browse plugins not listing the plugins is the same issue catherineshmidt and McFly reported in another topic (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2391.0) and I since fixed but apple hasn't made live yet.
It was caused by the date format people were using not being the one I assumed (the American format). That's why you don't see plugins listed. You can still load plugins (without browsing) but only if there are no errors when downloading the plugin. The fastest fix would be to have the plugin maker fix the broken link in the plugin.

Again, this issue was already fixed, so please be patient while apple reviews the update and makes it live.

scissorfish

Right clicking a button to enter a "mode" (like green +1) doesn't seem to actually enter a mode.
Also I could just be unaware of how to do it, but without shift/alt/Ctrl keys on ipad, how would we tilt the table?
Or flip or keep unflipped a card drawn from the top of a deck?
Would it be easy to add a floating set of shift/alt/Ctrl buttons?
Also is there a way to see what version of the app I'm running?

Robes

Okay, so there is another fix coming to fix the plugin menu, that's good news. Thanks.

SullivanSage

Hey Trevor. The iPad app looks great.

I've been trying to get Tragic's Death Angel plugin to run, but the biggest issue is that he relies on the CTRL-click combo to turn over cards, and I can't seem to find a way to do this through the ipad app. Is there a 'turn over card' method for the iPad I am missing?

-Sullivan

Trevor

Quote from: SullivanSage on August 19, 2014, 07:07:42 PM
Hey Trevor. The iPad app looks great.

I've been trying to get Tragic's Death Angel plugin to run, but the biggest issue is that he relies on the CTRL-click combo to turn over cards, and I can't seem to find a way to do this through the ipad app. Is there a 'turn over card' method for the iPad I am missing?

-Sullivan
i haven't tried that plugin, but it would assume you can either:
Left click to select a card, then click the Turn over button below the table
OR
Right click the card and choose Turn Over from the menu.

SullivanSage

Quote from: Trevor on August 19, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
i haven't tried that plugin, but it would assume you can either:
Left click to select a card, then click the Turn over button below the table
OR
Right click the card and choose Turn Over from the menu.

Yeah, you would think that. However, it doesn't have a 'turn over' button on the menu below and it's not a right click option. I'm guessing that because Tragic uses the CTRL click keys he didn't bother including it.

EDIT: I just loaded his LOTR plugin. Again, same problem. It's less of an issue since the only cards that really need to be turned over in LOTR are the quest cards, but it does make it a little finicky. I've asked Tragic about it in the Death Angel plugin, but it might be good to have some of the most common hot-keys combos included in the ios app (or even a console command for it so I can make a custom bind in the log).