News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Clash: Rise of Heroes - A new CCG!

Started by Qunify, February 23, 2010, 12:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qunify

We have been working on an online CCG game for months and are only weeks away from launching our Beta - and I can't think of better brains to tap into then the Lackey group.

Our game is going to be one of the first CCGs on Facebook.  We have created our own universe and have a team of wonderful artists putting out awesome work. Our vision is to create a game that will appeal to the "hard-core" CCG player, but also appeal to players that normally wouldn't play a CCG.  It's a difficult balance... we need strategic depth but it can't be intimidating.   

For more info... or to help us Beta test it... follow us on twitter at twitter.com/qunify

uankaink

u have launching ur beta?
so where's the sites link anyway.. im quite interested about the game mechanics

FYI, there are some CCGs already on facebook. Warstorm and Battenixia are the example, if im notmistaken the name...
so ur CCG isn't the first CCGs in facebook. but it could be the best CCG in facebook.

eloooooooi

I'll definitely try it when you release it :)

Ripplez

i was with you right up until you said 50% chance of dodgign. no hardcore tcg player will appreciate luck-based effects like that unless theres some sort of deterministic quality to it :S  remove stuff like that and then well talk :S

Qunify

Quote from: Ripplez on February 23, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
i was with you right up until you said 50% chance of dodgign. no hardcore tcg player will appreciate luck-based effects like that unless theres some sort of deterministic quality to it :S  remove stuff like that and then well talk :S

Awww... well that's just one of many special abilities that an Ally can have.  In fact, perhaps that was a bad example as we have MANY unique special abilities and that one is the only one that requires "luck".  But, with that said, I do believe that all CCGs have an element of luck.  In fact every time you draw a card, luck can come into play.

Ripplez

thats true. with every card you draw, luck does factor into it. thats why having additional sources of chance is usually bad, it makes the probability of doing what is needed multiplicative. instead of just prob(drawing right card) it becomes prob(draw right card AND it coming out with the right effect) which can harshly decrease the odds in your favour. thats why alot of top decks in most games tend to try and decrease the chance of bad draws, either by improving the likliehood that youll have the card you want or by making every card worthwhile in some way

you can also decrease the chances of getting messed up in a game simply because you didnt sacrifice goats to the rng god. a game of thrones and cthulhu lcg both have you draw two cards at the start of the turn, which really does help in not missing out on a card that could help

if thats the only effect that introduces luck, cant you change it to something else? like once per turn, the hero can dodge an attack of your choice or hero dodges an attack unless three people participate or something?

Qunify

Quote from: Ripplez on February 24, 2010, 10:25:58 AM
if thats the only effect that introduces luck, cant you change it to something else? like once per turn, the hero can dodge an attack of your choice or hero dodges an attack unless three people participate or something?

Well as you read in our original post, the very act of attacking and defending is automatic.  You simply attack/defend the slot across from you, so there is no choosing.  And every one attacks, you can't just say "I'll have this Ally attack but not that one".  When you are ready to end your turn, you simply press the "Attack" button and that causes all of your Allies and Hero on the board to attack the slot opposing it.

Personally, I think the 50/50 chance works. Strategically, you need to consider whether or not you want to take the chance on using it if you know it may not always work.  Plus, it's kind of fun. :)

Ripplez

theres no downside to it. you could just use it every turn, not using it would be a waste. if it doesnt work, you get hit, like you would have anyway

slayer

it sounds ok,wen its dun let me know ill try it.

sneaselx

to be honest, you put me off when you said Facebook.  Facebook encourages and rewards awful games, and any mildly good ones are dragged down eventually. You will never find anything new and creative from places like that.

Qunify

Quote from: sneaselx on April 19, 2010, 03:55:55 PM
to be honest, you put me off when you said Facebook.  Facebook encourages and rewards awful games, and any mildly good ones are dragged down eventually. You will never find anything new and creative from places like that.
If you said that to me 6 months ago, I'd agree.  But Facebook has closed most of the viral channels... so now the only way to succeed on Facebook is by creating a game that's truly engaging.

While we are certainly going to be on other platforms, we wanted to build an inherantly social game, one that's easy to share and invite friends.  So, Facebook gives us that platform (and 400 million users). 

I promise our game is fun! :)

Qunify

For those of you interested, here is a link to a teaser trailer that we made!  Hope you like it!  Our game will launch in 4 weeks.

www.youtube.com/riseofheroes

Ripplez

sorry to be a wet blanket but i never understood the point of such trailers. lists of names and epic music, it doesnt show off any GAMEPLAY. which is kind of important for a game

it could be anything. comics, games, cartoons, action figures, candy. it doesnt strike me as a lure so much as annoying. when i look at a trailer for a game, i appreciate the buildup and stuff but 30 secs of the actual game wouldnt be amiss

Qunify

Quote from: Ripplez on June 04, 2010, 10:38:34 AM
sorry to be a wet blanket but i never understood the point of such trailers. lists of names and epic music, it doesnt show off any GAMEPLAY. which is kind of important for a game

it could be anything. comics, games, cartoons, action figures, candy. it doesnt strike me as a lure so much as annoying. when i look at a trailer for a game, i appreciate the buildup and stuff but 30 secs of the actual game wouldnt be amiss

We considered putting some game play in there, but we weren't quite ready. At any rate, you can see a smidget of gameplay in a video posted here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/150937481/a-superhero-game-like-no-other?pos=4&ref=popular

Greg 1

Is the anywhere online where I can read more about this game?