A plugin function that prevents shuffling the deck?

Started by ZatchBellGamer, August 09, 2014, 02:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZatchBellGamer

I'm working on breathing life back into a very unique card game back in the day, Zatch Bell: The Card Battle. Most of the necessary functions are standard, but there's one I can't seem to wrap my head around... In this card game, your deck is NOT shuffled at all, and is left exactly the way it appears in your deck list. Is there a way to disable the shuffling of the deck at the start of a game? And if so, is there also a way to re-order the cards in your deck list to remain in ascending order when you've selected them to add to said deck? Thank you very much for any help you can give.

Trevor

Shuffling is something the plugin maker can change when they define the deck zone and game zone. It should explain it in the plugin tutorial. And without shuffling, it should load in the order that the deck list shows it iirc.

ZatchBellGamer

Quote from: Trevor on August 09, 2014, 08:44:36 AM
Shuffling is something the plugin maker can change when they define the deck zone and game zone. It should explain it in the plugin tutorial. And without shuffling, it should load in the order that the deck list shows it iirc.

Thanks, that was extremely helpful. But now I'm noticing that the copies of cards in deck editor will combine with each other automatically when the non-shuffled deck is played... Is there any way to prevent cards from grouping together in the deck editor using a plugin?