News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Bug reports from AGOT LCG plugin playtests

Started by Madmartigan, February 23, 2010, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmartigan

Hi.

Here are a few problems I encountered during the creation or the playtesting of the AGOT LCG plugin. Some might be similar to a few other bugs that were already reported. Sorry for redundancies.

======^======

During plugin creation, I tried using a very simple setlist.txt file that went :

"1
setinfo.txt

0"

This is just like Stargate plugin (my card list has the same name than the one from Stargate plugin). Still it did not worked : cards refused to load in the deck editor. Aardvark had to make a new setlist file with one format for every set. Maybe I simply don't understand how a setlist file works but I believed that Lackey was supposed to consider that there was a mandatory "allsets" format. Proof is : Stargate plugin works just fine with that. Why not this one ?

======^======

The House & Agenda superzone seems to have a problem. I tried saving a house card in it for the 4 starter decks, but when they are loaded, the zone is empty. I must admit I didn't try to put more than one or different cards. Is this because there are too many superzones in this plugin ?

======^======

Apparently Lackey has a problem with the defaultchat of the AGOTLCG plugin : it loads the command but display a few more buttons with other chat messages. Those seems to come from the plugin that was opened before (example if previous plugin was VTES it display things like "superior", "inferior", "vote in favour"... etc).

======^======

This problem does not seem inherent to a plugin as I encountered it while playing VTES. Lackey has some difficulties with the "send to top of" right clic command. Sometimes it works, sometimes it refuses it. This is a bit of a problem with game effects that allow you to take back in your hand the top of your "discard" pile, as it's quite easy to confuse top with bottom in Lackey if you're not careful enough.

======^======

There is also some issues with the saved games. We continued a game started yesterday and neither of us could see the cards in the zones or superzones that are usually set to "show to all". You have to push all buttons one by one to set each zone to the correct settings to get that back.

======^======

Most of the times, the tabs won't update the number of cards in them after you loaded a new deck after the end of a game. Sometimes, it occurs during game too. The solution is to click on one of them, but it can get a little confusing.

Madmartigan

Ok, new one : MAJOR problem with this plugin. I don't know if this posed a problem to other plugins but my (uneducated) guess is that it comes from the way the program search for cards the plugin files with the data about the cards. Whatever the cause might be, right now the AGOT plugin is unsuitable for play until this is resolved.

Explanation : AGOT LCG contains cards with the same name but completely different in essence. While playing a couple of custom decks of mine, my opponent played a version of a card, and my Lackey screened the wrong one.

I knew both decks but I even double checked : the wrong card was never included in the deck and the good one was present with the correct number of cards associated, and no, my opponent did not change anything to his deck.

So I think that, as the wrong version that was displayed is part of a set ("CoreSet") that comes earlier in the list of sets than the one where you can find the card that I intended for the deck (who comes from "KingsoftheSea"), when my Lackey searched for the image that matched, it just compared the name to those in the setinfo and did not verified the imagefile or the set.

So if anyone ever encountered this problem, can it be resolved by reworking the plugin to have 1 setinfo file per set ? By putting all card images in the "general" folder and giving each image a different "Imagefile" name ?

If not, any other solution that renaming each single card in the setinfo who has multiple versions ? Those names ought not to be modified. Having Lackey display "******* played "Robb Stark KotS" from his hand" would be possible but sounds awful and most of all, a burden for updates (most major characters get newer versions every two or three expansions... And what if they even manage to make two different versions of a card with the same name in the same set ? "Robb Stark RtdKutS004" ??? Now this sounds like a Wow avatar from some server of munchkins, yikes !).

Either way if a change could be integrated in Lackey to add an ImageFile and Set check when the computer has to display an opponent's card, that would be just great, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

If that works : if anyone has one or two spare billions in small denominations and no use for them, I'm interested too (most major currency accepted, please no credit card, cheque or treasury bond). ;D

aardvark

Sorry, lad, but iirc that seems to be the solution. I may be mistaken but I believe that renaming is the way to go.

Oh, and fyi, the setlist was just me making it easier to go thru the cards. Anytime there are multiple sets or such, one should be able to choose directly from that set, imo. Like I wanted to make a deck using only the core set for my first game but couldn't so...

Code Money

You can't have special characters in titles. Yes removing the & then renaming House & Agenda to something else like House Agenda fixes the superzone bug.