News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Problems loading with 5 players

Started by hedgeamon, February 25, 2010, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgeamon

I've been playing lackey with a B5 plugin with 4 friends (btw I love the program, thank you for writing it) and we've had some problems with loading saved games.  I was hosting the game, and we saved with 5 total players in the game.  I had everyone disconnect and reconnect (including myself), into the same seats they were in.  Everyone worked ok except player number 5, he had none of his cards and didnt have his counters set correctly on the sidebar... except from my screen (the host) he seemed to be fine.  We tried this again this time with a different person playing in the 5th seat to the same results (the problem seems to stay with the 5th seat)  I didnt have enough friends to try 6, though we did make an extra seat which no one filled to the same results.  We also switched to a different B5 plugin written by someone else, which also had the same problem, the first b5 plugin was the one the game has built in, and the second was on werepenguin. 

And while I'm writing this, I may as put in my request as well.. I havent seen any b5 plugins with enough mark types for the game.. I assume this is a limitation in the engine? any way to add more?

Hedgeamon

Trevor

In the public version of Lackey, the multiplayer (>2) functions are not well tested. This is an area I am fixing while I am writing the new networking code.

I don't know how many counters that game uses, but likely the plugin designer didn't want to add more. You can always use notes. There are many different ways to do everything, so maybe a different way would work well.

Iceclaw

Since the current plugin I'm working on really works best with 3-6 players rather than the minimal 2, I was wondering if the new networking code was stable enough to put up as a beta and use?

Trevor

Quote from: Iceclaw on March 23, 2010, 02:28:51 PM
Since the current plugin I'm working on really works best with 3-6 players rather than the minimal 2, I was wondering if the new networking code was stable enough to put up as a beta and use?
It isn't.

Iceclaw

After borrowing a 3rd computer to do some testing, I've determined that the 3rd person just takes over the 2nd persons seat, it's like when they connect they assume it's a two player game, and then weirdness ensues. Is there an older version somewhere where you could at least connect and play with 3 players? I don't need saving to work.  I thought I recalled it being at least functional before.
--EDIT:
I managed to make it functional by telling the game to have extra seats. (5 for 3 players. Moving players before they connect, and then shuffling til everyones in the 'right' seat, then remove the extra seats.).

hedgeamon

It also worked if we just had people join in the right order, but it still messed up with player #5, no matter how many seats we added.