News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Let's improve the Battletech CCG Plugin!

Started by VictorSteiner, September 02, 2014, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon228

the only images i am missing are the CE boxes also the lower res is for people that do not have a lot of space on there computer or tablet since it's over 300 megs of images.

Trevor

Quote from: VictorSteiner on September 05, 2014, 12:31:47 PM
I want a high-res, this is already low-res .. why do you want to do a low-res? I have a lot of the cards in 250 kbit quality, but a lot of them in the plugin folder you are working on are already about 250 kbit ... so I can give you the few that are missing.
There are 2 issues with high-res: Dimensions and file size.
When you make a plugin's card images with very large dimensions, it really cuts into the space of the other windows, like the table. (You can resize this with the resize bars, but since lots of people don't realize that, you should assume they will use the card images at their default size. Smaller monitors (like laptops) also prefer smaller dimensions.
File size is an issue for people with slow connection speeds, or limited storage space on their device (which is especially true for laptops and the iPad version of Lackey). Some people also want to keep their lackey on a thumb drive which may not fit high-res images. Also, large file sizes can be an issue for plugin makers with limited hosting bandwidth.
I suggest if you want to also have a super high res version, you should also have a medium version. It's pretty easy to maintain 2 versions of the plugin. You reuse all the same files except your reference a different:
autoupdate URL
cardback.jpg
spawned.jpg
version.txt
and you link a different general card image path in the updatelist.txt.

I suggest you do not have card images wider than 250 pixels. I suggest you don't have file image sizes larger than 100kb.

Gordon228

well the card view box i got it to be the size of the magic high scans i would resize them but i am just updating the existing plugin so it's not in the old format i still need to update the pack definitions. if there was an easier way to resize over 1k cards then i would do it.

Trevor

Quote from: Gordon228 on September 05, 2014, 02:57:47 PM
well the card view box i got it to be the size of the magic high scans i would resize them but i am just updating the existing plugin so it's not in the old format i still need to update the pack definitions. if there was an easier way to resize over 1k cards then i would do it.
Photoshop can easily batch resize images. PM me if you want more info.

Nirrol

It's a bit rich to take something written 6-7 years ago and then complain it's in the "old format" - EVERYTHING was in the old format back then!!

They were distributed in archive format because it was faster and easier than the update system (for most of them, there was no update).

I have ALL of the cards in HiRes format (excluding, maybe, 1 or 2 of the box powers) although I think a few are mis-named/numbered, but that is an easy fix.

(I think this is the correct archive):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xwf4y7

Contains:
Arsenal
Base Set Unlimited
Box Powers
Commander's Edition
Counterstrike
Crusade
DCI (One promo card)
Mechwarrior
Mercenaries

Here is a quick list of other "old style" plugins I have:
24, 7th Sea, A Game Of Thrones, Age Of Empires 2, Alien Predator, Allegiance, Anachranism, Arcadia, Austin Powers, Avatar, Babylon 5, Battle Cards, Battlelords, Battlestar Galactica, Battletech CCG, Behind, Ben 10, Beyblade, Bleach, Bloodwars, Blue Dragon, Blue Moon, Boy Crazy, Buffy, C-23, Case Closed, Chaotic, City Of Heroes, Conan, Corunea, Cote, Crow, Cthulhu, Cyberpunk, Dark Age, Dark Eden, Dark Millenium, Digimon, Dixie, Doomtown, Doomtrooper, Dot Hack, Dr Who, Dragon Ball Z CCG, Dragon Ball Z TCG, Dreamblade Cmg, Duel Masters, Dune, Echelons Of Fire, Eve, Eye Of Judgment, Fast Break, Fight Klub, Fire Emblem, Firestorm, Full Metal Alchemist, G I Joe, Galactic Empire, Grid Iron, Guardians, Harry Potter, Hecatomb, Hercules, Heresy, High Stakes Drifter, Highlander, Horus Heresy, Hum-Aliens, Huntiktcg, Hyborian Gates, Illuminati Nwo, Initial D, Inu Yasha, Jedi Knight, Killer Instinct, Kingdom Hearts, Knights Of The Zodiak, Kult, Legend Of The Burning Sea, Legend Of The Five Rings, Lord Of The Rings, Lycee, Lyoko, Magic, Maple Story, Marvel Ultimate, Middle Earth, Mlb Showdown, Monster Rancher, Mortal Kombat, Myl, Mythos, Naruto, Nascar Challenge, Neo Pets, Netrunner, Nfl Showdown, Nightmare, One-On-One Hockey Challenge, Ophidian 2350, Over The Edge, Overpower, Pirates, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Pokemon, Power Cardz, Powerrangers, Quest For The Grail, Rage, Rifts, Rumbling Spell Orchestra, Sailor Moon, Scooby Doo, Shadowfist, Shadowrun, Sim City, Simpsons, Sonicx, Spellfire, Spoils, Spongebob Squarepants, Spycraft, Star Quest, Star Trek 2E, Star Trek CCG, Star Wars CCG, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars Pocket Models, Stargate, Super Deck, Super Nova, Tempest Of The Gods, Terminator, Tlc, Tmnt, Tomb Raider, Top Of The Order, Ufs, VS. System, VTES, Warcry, Warhammer 40k, Warlord Sots, Wars, Wcw Nitro, Wheel Of Time, Wildstorm, Wing Commander, Wizard In Training, World Of Warcraft, Wyvern, X-Files, Xena, Young Jedi, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh

Johnny Blaze

Are these Full working plugins or just the scans if these are plugins i say post em

smurph_83

sorry to arrive late to this post... but i have the plugin file.

i have been keeping it safe for some time. here it is all you have to do is manually drop it into plugins folder and done. no auto update unfortunatley.

always up for a game of this just message me or keep this thread rolling for games.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/22riiemtg2f/battletech.zip

smurph_83

probs shoudl have read more thoroughly before posting... my set is medium res, as alot of people are put off by high res and ive never had  aproblem reading these cards as image size is fine imo.

Johnny Blaze