News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Battletech plugin update

Started by Gordon228, September 05, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nirrol

Quote from: IntoTheRain on April 25, 2015, 11:36:47 AM
Whats up with the new plugin?  The cards are huge!  They don't fit into the planes and overlap each other.  They also take up WAY to much room on the card table.

Edit: but the new counters look much more readable, thank you.

The cards are huge because they come from the best BTCCG archive currently available - which was a project by Snooby to gather hi-res scans from players as a) a Hi-Res image archive, b) a starting point for the BTCCG plugin (the cards were meant to be resized to suit)

I will see about getting a decent copy of Double Overtime

IntoTheRain

I think the cards were too big because I was using the ultra instead of the high images.  After I swapped to the high they worked fine.

As far as card images go.  Double Overtime was just physically smaller than the other cards.  It could use a better scan, but thats basically the case for every Commanders Edition / Crusade card, which for some reason came out very grainy.

ThorPrime

Yeh, the ultra size is mostly for people with very high DPI monitors.
Unless you are using a 4k display or a retina macbook at native res, high is what should be used...

Maybe i need to edit my post in the plugin list to reflect that...

Nirrol

So, the images were big when you use the big ones, but smaller when you use the smaller ones.

I give up

IntoTheRain

It isn't that big of a deal..

The original ultra download had an error where it used the high images.  Once the error was fixed after the update, the cards suddenly changed to their correct size and spawned my confusion about why the cards were so big.

As far as double overtime goes, the card was using a full size card template, but the card image was showing up at half the size needed to fill the template.  You could see the blackborder of the size the card was supposed to be.  This has been fixed in the latest patch. 

The only two remaining problems I can find is the scan quality of the commander's edition/crusade cards, and the spider / spider revised images being flipped.

Johnny Blaze

I have vision problems so the Ultra  is the ONLY version i can read worth a shit, plus my monitor keeps the images sharp. altho some of the commander cards are fuzzy

ThorPrime

Zombie update!

I finally found the reversed spider images (didn't realize it was only for the CE images).
So that has been fixed...

Requires deleting the files LackeyCCG\plugins\Battletech\sets\setimages\Commanders-Edition\CE272.jpg and LackeyCCG\plugins\Battletech\sets\setimages\Commanders-Edition\CE273.jpg

Johnny Blaze

Trying to refresh myself on rules. what is starting handsize

ThorPrime

You can grab the rule books off the download links here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleTech_Trading_Card_Game

The starting hand size is 5, with the first player drawing one card on their first turn, then two cards on all subsequent turns.

Vandervecken

Sorry for the necro.
If you're interested in the Battletech CCG plugin, check out http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=3232.0