New Idea Classical/Medieval Fantasy CCG

Started by HighChronicler, September 16, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighChronicler

So my idea is this:

General Concept:
A Game centered around Diplomacy, Intrigue, Nation Building, and War

Details, in no particular order:
- Meant for 3-6 Players (could do 2-8 in a pinch)
- Each player would have Holding Cards representing their collection of Castle, Cities, Temples, and other Lands/Estates
- Start the game with only a few "Holdings" This would generate resources (Gold, Authority, Piety/Magic)
- Play Cards from your hand by paying the cost.
- Form large armies and take over opponents Holdings
- At the begging or your turn pay upkeep to keep the cards on field.
- Dominate the game and be crowned Supreme Emperor of the Land (Be the only one with Holdings in Play)
- Faction Based Deck Building/Strategies
- Each Faction has its own quirks and kinks
- Use Diplomacy and Intrigue off the Battle field to advance your position.

Mogo

This idea needs more depth! 

What are the types of cards you are playing?  How do they interact with each other?  What are the phases of the game?  How do you attack an opponents land, what types of cards can you play to boost yourself or hinder an opponent?  I like the idea of a competitive card game with more than 2 players.  There are some obvious challenges, having many cards in play can increase complexity and difficulty of playing, as well as maintaining the upkeep of those cards which can become laborious.  Now multiply that by 2, 3, 4 players worth of cards and pretty soon you have no idea what cards each player has in front of them, it can be too much to keep track of.

There's a board game called Warrior Knights, it possesses many of the aspects you described in your rough idea and it's an awesome multi-player game.  I own it and love it, worth looking at for inspiration / general fun.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22038/warrior-knights