News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

following tutorial, plugin won't load

Started by flod, September 27, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flod

I'm stuck at the first step, plugininfo.txt won't load!
I'm on a Mac.

I created the plugininfo.txt file manually using TextWrangler and TextEdit. Neither worked.
The 'choose' button is grayed out.

The file extension isn't doubled, the file is in the correct place in the folder hierarchy.

I duplicated an existing plugininfo.txt file and then removed everything except for <plugin></plugin>.
Still, 'choose' button is gray.

Other plugins load so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the installation.

Help?

Gordon228

post what you have of your plugin info so we can bug test it. it's probably due to the fact you do not have the <plugin> </Plugin> in your plugin info text document.

flod

Gordon228, thanks for your reply.

I do have <plugin> </plugin> in my pluginingo.txt file.
In fact, that's all I have in the folder and it won't load.

See attached .zip file. The folder named 'wishlist' is within the 'plugins' folder. The 'wishlist' folder contains 'plugininfo.txt' and nothing else.

mathman1550

This may have changed since I was playing around with making brand new plugins, but you needed more than just the pluginfo file to get lackey to load a plugin. If I remember right you need a cardback.jpg and a carddata file even if only one card is listed.

Edit: Reading the tutorial this seems to have changed, but I can not get a plugin to load with just the plugininfo file as listed, though I could get one to load with just the plugininfo and a cardback

flod