News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Unclear if iPad app update is supposed to wipe plugins.

Started by MonoBlackPiranha, September 29, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonoBlackPiranha

I Just noticed a critical issue that just occurred after the recent update of my iPad application. The situation was as follows. Open Lackeyccg to play magic, attempt to connect, get notification that my lackey software needs to be updated before it would do anything. Pressed home twice and closed the app completely. Started app update in App Store, and app updated. Was able to open app and connect to my plugin multiple times. At that point I restarted the app and issued the /updateallimages apon the restart. All the images updated, it said restart the app, when I rebooted & restarted it there were no plugins at all but the default 52 cards plugin that comes with lackey.

Now I know a little about iPads and how their memory works, and the only thing I could think of was residual info from the plugin staying in background memory while everything was going on but after the update and the reboot/restart it was no longer in memory. I'm not sure if this is a known issue with the ipad app but I just wanted to make it known.

Trevor

I would not advise using /updateallimages unless the plugin doesn't have a lot of cards. If your iPad gets completely filled (HD space), as might be the case if you downloaded a plugin with many thousands of high res card images, some things can get deleted. I'm working on a more intelligent way to delete things dynamically so this issue doesn't occur.