News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Android?

Started by beank, October 30, 2014, 01:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beank

Since the iOS version is released (a very big congratulations by the way) its thread should be for iOS questions only....

I would like to know if there are plans for an Android version anytime soon (by soon I mean in the next year or so....)

I do hope you bring it to android (cardwarden almost refuses to) it is the last major program that I am looking for on a mobile device....

TLDR: Congrats on iOS, do you plan on Android?

Alastair

If I'm not mistaken, the main hurdle to an android app at the moment is the fact that Trevor doesn't  have an android device to do his testing on.

beank

Oh.... I guess that would do it....

Do you think people would go for a PayPal kind of thing to pool funds so he can get one?

Trevor

If I got enough money for one, I'd make one. It would be pretty simple to port, I would think. What model of android would you suggest would make a good device that is typical of android devices?

Alastair

Mine's a Google Nexus 7. I've tried out a few of the others. It's not the cheapest one on the market, but it has some nice storage space and processing power which is why I like it.

beank

Mine is a Nexus...

It appears to be a common brand along with the Galaxy....

netfirecat

Genymotion is a Android testing median. If you want to test internet aspects, gotta pay($136 USD if i remember right). Never used or anything but it's still an option. There is a free to use option(just make a free account, download and install). I'd love to get my hands on Lackey on my driod but i'm also broke/jobless...

www.genymotion.com/

beank

At $136 wouldn't it make more sense to just get a real device?

Is there something different about an emulator than working with a real device?

netfirecat

As a test for the multiple devices, it could be a better option using the free-2-use option instead of buying so many different devices...

beank

Quote from: Trevor on October 30, 2014, 02:55:20 PM
If I got enough money for one, I'd make one.

Could you put up a kickstarter? I don't quite know there terms of service.

How much are you looking at?

Teirdalin

Quote from: Trevor on October 30, 2014, 02:55:20 PM
If I got enough money for one, I'd make one. It would be pretty simple to port, I would think. What model of android would you suggest would make a good device that is typical of android devices?

Well, you could simply borrow someones android,  no doubt you'll make enough money off android sales to probably afford your own device.  I'd highly recommend getting an Nvidia shield.

Quite frankly, an Android version of lackyCCG would be a dream come true for most of us.

Quto732

[Facepalm] There are other ways to go about Android. I've mentioned before back in the last post I made to the Ipad version that the development kit includes an android emulator.

I even provided a link to the compiler and a place that teaches how to program android.

Solstar82

there's also Bluestacks which is an excellent android emulator for windows,working basically 100% like a real phone\tablet and extensively used as a testing ground for devs.oh and its free

Trevor

Emulators don't work well for developing things like an interface. You don't know if a button is going to be a nice size or in the right place unless you are holding the device.

sephural

Unfortunately with an android, checking the button size will only show you the size for that one device. Unlike iphone and Ipads, there is no standard android sizes, each device varies considerably. Most emulators on the other hand have the ability to change the screen size to any you would like to check. This enables you to test many devices at a low cost. And as far as I know the android sdk's emulator is superb.