News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

The New Commander Decks

Started by Johnny Blaze, October 30, 2014, 11:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Blaze

are INSANE. loving the art work all the commanders BORT any ETA on when Lackey will have these ?

AuraDragon

The new Commander set hasn't finished being spoiled (at least on Mythic Spoiler which is what I check for updates).

Usually Bort updates the plugin with the new set after it shows up on Gatherer, or sometimes before that but I don't know if he only does that for main sets or he just has free time and power modes it... (raughs)

Note:  Commander 14 comes out November 7th, which I assume will be when it shows up on Gatherer.

Bort

Could someone please give me a hand getting the commander 2014 into a spreadsheet like the other card data is?

AuraDragon

It's on Gatherer now, so couldn't you use Gatherer Extractor to export it to a spreadsheet format?

EDIT 1: Magiccards.info has the high-res cards for the JOU set now.

EDIT 2: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03689828087333663465 this good?  When I saved it it said there was a unicode symbol that is going to be stripped, but I'm not going to look for it since that's 318 cards worth of text.  Also I don't know what to do about the imagefiles, script and sound columns so I left them empty.  T_T

Johnny Blaze

the Decks look sweet. i would do this spread sheet thing but i dont even think i have anything to do it with

AuraDragon

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on November 09, 2014, 12:23:43 AM
the Decks look sweet. i would do this spread sheet thing but i dont even think i have anything to do it with

Before you work on a Commander 2014 spreadsheet, perhaps first you should take a peek at the file I linked to above below.

EDIT 1 : It turns out the card images are on Magiccards.info, so I took the liberty of adding the card's ImageFile data to the spreadsheet and supplied a CardImageURLs text file which includes all the data required to redirect Lackey to the correct images.  All you, Bort, have to do is cut and paste :  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=67633877654070633472

Bort

everything should be working now. let me know if you find and mistakes.
thanks for the help!

AuraDragon

No problem, Bort!

I found a mistake:  You removed all the other Basic Land cards.  :P

Johnny Blaze

Just updated my Magic plugin but not finding the decks. are they in a certain directory

Johnny Blaze

Ok so i got the cards, But now i have another problem HOW do i get the deck to load ONLY the c14 images and NOT the old ones without having to sit there for an hour changing them, i got the decklist and just copy and pasted, and it loads a majority of the old images instead of the new..

AuraDragon

Hello!

Import your deck into Lackey how you did it, and then save so that it creates a .dek file, open up that .defk file in notepad or equivalent, at this point you should see a list of cards in an XML format that will look something like:

<card><name id="temp326">Swamp</name><set>m15</set></card>

Ignore the text in quotations (i.e. "temp326"), it doesn't appear to matter what you put in it...  Instead, find the card you want to change - in this case we're changing Swamp - and replace it's Set value with the desired value.

Using find and replace is *taps three Plains* a Godsend.  8)

Burst

Is there any estimate on when better quality images will be available?

And I guess while I'm asking for some of the older sets too?

AuraDragon

Once they are scanned by SlightlyMagic and uploaded to MagicCards.info.

This usually takes quite a while...  :(