News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

A minor issue with player avatars

Started by Disciple of Doran, January 02, 2015, 04:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disciple of Doran

This is by no means something that needs a rushed fix, but I've noticed for a while now that I can see very few of the other players' avatars when we're in a room together.  Upon asking recently, they said that they couldn't see mine either (I had just changed it).  My own image is visible to me, and there are two other players I recall still being able to see, but many that are visible to most people playing are not visible to me.  Again, not a major issue, but figured someone might want to know.  Oh, and I'm running this on Mac OS X, Version 10.9.5 if that helps any.

Disciple of Doran

With further information coming to my attention, I should toss up some more information

#1:  I am not the only user who is experiencing this issue, with at least one other experiencing a matching issue for a similar length of time.

#2:  The images I am able to see appear to be those which are default images, not ones people upload for personal use.  No images uploaded by users can be seen.

AuraDragon

Possibly the avatar the player is using is too large and Lackey decides not to transfer it.  That's the case for sound files.

Trevor

Avatar image files need to be smallish. They should be 100x100, but file size is what is what lackey checks. I think its 30KB, which should be fine for a 100x100 jpg. You can still use other avatar images, but they just won't automatically send to other players.

Disciple of Doran

Right, the issue is not that one or two people have avatars that can't be seen.  The issue is that I can't see ANY of them, except for the ones that come with the program (this includes ones that could formerly be seen without issue, thus ruling out the file size issue unless that size has since changed).  And no one other than myself can see my avatar either, even though it hadn't changed since I picked the program up back in June, and formerly could be seen.

Disciple of Doran

Bumping this topic, since it still isn't resolved and it's been over a week since it's gotten any response (with responses to other  issues assuring me people haven't just been away).

AuraDragon

If you could come online you could help test it with me since I just made a 100x100 jpg avatar, if you can't see it then it's a bug.

EDIT: Joined a random game and people couldn't see my avatar, seems like it's a bug...

Trevor

Post the actual file you are trying to send and I will take a look.

AuraDragon

There is nothing wrong with the avatar, but here y'go anyway.

I can see avatars just fine after I use the /get command (which I didn't know existed until yesterday TT__TT ) and someone sits down or gets up, which causes Lackey to use the avatars that were obtained.

Disciple of Doran

The image file name saved in lackey is "70267be6-b031-4af0-aab0-5b8a920c7e8e_zps89c1e158.jpg", though you can get it from "http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/tikaronara/70267be6-b031-4af0-aab0-5b8a920c7e8e_zps89c1e158.jpg"

When this issue began occurring, I was using the image now saved in lackey as "Treefolk_zps4bfd2681.jpg", with the image obtained from "http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/tikaronara/media/Treefolk_zps4bfd2681.jpg.html?o=4".  As I have stated, this image was previously visible to other players before the issue arose.  When I stopped being able to see other player's avatars, they stopped being able to see mine as well even though I had not changed it.

As Snoogy has said, he was able to retrieve it specifically, but I'm surprised that your bothering to ask, since I doubt whether or not my own image worked would somehow cause me to be unable to see other player's avatars.

Trevor

Disciple of Doran

If there's any information I can provide for you, I'd be more than happy to if it's something I know how to do.

jha1212

Rain

Quote from: jha1212 on February 05, 2015, 09:09:20 PM
Is this issue fixed?

No, and I'm bumping this to report that this issue still exists. I only see default avatars even when the users tell me they are using custom images. In fact, the log states something like "retrieving image of xxx" and the name clearly isn't the default avatar being displayed. This is the case even when using 100x100 images that are under 30KB.

Trevor

I fixed this but I haven't posted it. I'm working on some other stuff so I'm not sure when the fix will go live.