News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Shared zone and Faceup/Facedown issue

Started by SirNobody, January 24, 2015, 06:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNobody

Hey,

I'm working on a plugin with four shared draw piles and a single shared discard pile.  The discard pile is supposed to be face up.  If I load each of the decks from the deck editor directly then begin play cards that go to the discard pile are face up like they are supposed to be.  But after loading a saved game cards sent to the discard pile are face down.  I first discovered it after implementing a start.txt file but it happens when loading other saved game files as well.

Thanks,

Sir Nobody

Trevor

You should be able to configure things in your plugininfo.txt. You should be able to set the default zone visibility. Post your plugininfo.txt.

SirNobody

Hey,

This is the plugininfo.txt file from a simplified version of my plugin but it exhibits the same bug.

Quote<plugin>

<deckzone>
  <label>GreenDeck</label>
  <gamezonetoloadto>GreenDeck</gamezonetoloadto>
  <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
  <label>Hand</label>
  <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
  <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
  <label>GreenDeck</label>
  <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Discard</label>
     <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
     <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
     <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

<generalfunction>
  <label>Draw a Green Card</label>
  <kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
  <sourceowner>shared</sourceowner>
  <sourcegamezone>GreenDeck</sourcegamezone>
  <sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
  <destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
  <destinationgamezone>Hand</destinationgamezone>
  <destinationposition>bottom</destinationposition>
  <includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

<definition><kind>TABLEITEMSCALE</kind><value>70</value></definition>
<definition><kind>GRIDSIZE</kind><value>.025</value></definition>
<definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind></definition>

</plugin>

Thanks,

Sir Nobody

Trevor

First, cards aren't "facedown" in zones really. If you flip a card in your hand over so you can drop it face down to the table, the card isn't really face down while it is in your hand.
Facedown is only an effect for a card on the table. Zones, not specific cards in zones, are either visible to a particular player or not.

So are you reporting a bug that a shared deck is visible when a game is saved, but invisible when the save is loaded? Is this a minor refresh bug? (If you click a different zone and then the zone in question again, will this appear as expected?)

SirNobody

Hey,

You are correct, what I am calling face down lackey call invisible, sorry about using the wrong terminology.  It is not a refresh bug.

What I'm reporting is a shared deck that is set to visible in the plugininfo.txt file is visible when initially run.  But if the game is saved and then reloaded (or any other previously saved game is loaded) the shared pile will revert to being invisible and you will see the card backs in the deck of any card you add to the deck after loading.  I have additionally noticed that this only applies if the deck is empty when the game is saved/loaded.  If there is a visible card in the shared deck when a game is saved, when reloading that game the cards already in the deck will be visible as will any cards you add to the deck after the load.

Thanks,

Sir Nobody