News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can we get an updated list of chat commands?

Started by Burst, January 26, 2015, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burst

The tutorial page on chat commands says it "explains all of the commands you can enter in the game log and what they do"  but that hasn't been true for a few years.

Can we get that page updated or is there some other place where the full list of commands is available?

I'm willing to update the tutorial page so it's complete; but I'd have to have the list and at least some small description of them to do so.

Trevor

What commands do you think exist but are missing?

Burst

I've seen mention of some, perhaps they were suggestions rather than actual commands.

last card drawn comes to mind, and/or maybe reveal shortcuts and I think there was a counter adjuster and I'm sure others, but asking me is kind of silly don't you think? I'm asking because I don't know if there are other commands, I'm pretty sure there are at least the few I mentioned above, but if there are others, how could I, or anyone know.

You have the list of commands and the documentation, either they are up to date, or they are not.

of course, you can simply declare "they are all there" and we'll never know unless we stumble upon something; but I'm hoping if there are some you'll let us know.

If you don't know them all off-hand, that's fine.  I don't remember every detail of every line of code I've written over the years.  So that's fine, I'm willing to do some of the work for you.

I'm assuming you have some kind of regexp parser or maybe just a simple "instr" function with a case/switch/if-else-list/etc.
Post that code, or send it privately and I'll be happy to go through it and compare to the tutorial and write up what they do, or, if they are up-to-date, update the documentation to indicate which version they apply to.

thanks!

sephural

I am interested in this too. I know that the /ch (card hover) command is not listed anywhere in the documentation that i can find(i found it looking at some of the magic plugin files) as well as using "~" to show updated card text which has been hugely helpful but i found it purely by luck only in a post by you Trevor.

Burst

I stumbled on /ccr and /ccg  recently too

I don't know what the /ch thing is, I just tried it and it didn't do anything that I could see.

But speaking of hover, it would be great if we could turn that off.  It's such an awful visual and impedes utility since you can't click on the card anymore, but rather the outline of where the card is supposed to really be.  Needing to do turn it off card-by-card is just a painful user experience.

Something like the card sounds, just a global flag to turn off obnoxious "features" that got embedded.

If there already is a such a command to turn off all hovers and prevent new hovers from being activated I'd REALLY appreciate it.

I think /help is supposed to do something but I've not seen any information on it in the chat command tutorial.  I checked the plugin tutorial too since the error message seemed plugin related.

This just goes more in line with why the question needs to be answered by Trevor, and not us.  We can try typing random words and letters into the chat and see if it does anything;but that's mostly a fruitless exercise.

Only Trevor can say what functions exist and what they do or if they are partially implemented. 
The /ccr thing seems to work for me, but maybe it's buggy and not really intended for us to use. I don't know.  I'll use it until it fails me; but maybe I shouldn't.

Documentation would help immensely.

sephural

Here are all the commands i could verify from the magic plugin sets file. Some of these can be very useful for making macros. And i believe that these will work with most plugins.

/ch
Hover selected card.

/ci
Selected card doesnt untap.(I think)

/cr90
Rotate selected card 90 degrees.

/ccg+1
Add a green counter to selected card.

/ccg=3
Set the number of green counters on selected card to 3

/ccr+1
Add a red counter to selected card.

/ccr=3
Set the number of red counters on selected card to 3.

/spawn Giant Growth
Spawns Giant Growth or any other specified card.

/spawnx3 Giant Growth
Spawns 3 Giant Growth or any other specified card. The number can be changed to needed amount.

/vp1pt7
Will reveal the top 7 cards from zone 1 to Owner only. The First number is the zone and can be from 0 to 4 and mabey higher. The second number is the number of cards to reveal from that zone.

/vp1at1
Will reveal the top 1 card of zone 1 to All. The First number is the zone and can be from 0 to 4 and mabey higher. The second number is the number of cards to reveal from that zone.

Burst

so, if I search and replace "/ch" with "" that will fix the hover bug?  ( by "bug" I'm referring to the existence of the feature)

or will that break the plugin?

sephural

As far as I can tell the /ch command only hovers the card. If you removed the /ch I imagine it would not work.

sephural

Burst

An feature request related to this would be the ability to attach sets of customizations to a deck.
If you don't want to alter the deck file structure then maybe as some kind of sister file, I don't mind maintaining it myself.

That file would be a simple  2 column format,  deck file name + customization file name.

The customization file would be lists of button macros, like you get for a the plugin itself or general buttons for lackey itself.
The use of such a thing would be for decks that do lots of deck searching, you create a series of buttons with /v commands
A deck that spawns tokens could have buttons for the various token types that are used.
Draw and discard effects, etc.

Basically anything that one might currently do via chat command that is repeated for a particular deck could be buttonized.
The next deck could get its own set.

And of course - we'd still need updated documentation on what commands are available.