New option for plugins to NOT download decks

Started by Burst, February 09, 2015, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burst

Some plugins include sample decks.
I always delete these but each update puts them back.
Since all decks get dumped into the same place with no method of organizing them*, these extra decks they simply clutter up already confined area.

What I suggest as a solution is a user preference to skip downloads of sample decks that come with plugins.
We already have the option to not download images immediately.  In fact we have to force it if we want them.
This would be similar.  Don't download decks unless you click the button to go get them.

For most plugins I would imagine the sample decks are of no functional value to the plugin and for many players, they are probably never used or used a few times as a tutorial and then never again.

* - Yes, I do use naming conventions to help organize, but that's not sufficient with large volumes of decks; especially with the extremely limited usability of the directory listing.

Burst

of course, if sub-directories are ever supported (please, Please, PLEASE!)

it would be possible to simply direct all plugin default decks to go to a specific sub-directory thus maintaining a cleaner, more organized approach.

AuraDragon

I support this suggestion.

Even being able to open folders in the deck browser would allow plugin creators to store default decks in a special folder, away from player-made decks.