News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card issue.

Started by NEO_Ness, February 10, 2015, 01:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEO_Ness

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll give it a shot! XD

I've been working on the Digimon CCG a little. http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1735.0

I fixed the picture issue problem it was having, but now I ran into another issue that I'm not quite sure how to fix.

I'll try to explain the best I can.  There are three cards with the same name: MetalGreymon.  They each have their own power and attributes.  (one is red, and the others are yellow) 

Example of my problem: When I try to put the Red one inside my deck, it shows up as the yellow card instead of the red card.  The second yellow card also shows up as the first yellow card.

They share the same name, so I'm wondering if it's just a slight programming error.  I'm not very good at programming... >_<

Any ideas about what I should do?

AuraDragon

The Pokemon plugin had this issue as well, their solution was to add the set initials in brackets after the name of the card.

e.g. Metalgreymon (BO) and Metalgreymon (ST).  If you have multiple cards of the same name in the same set you can add a number like (ST-1) and (ST-2).  It's not pretty, but it's one workaround.  Another workaround would be to have separate sets for each card like the Weiss Schwarz plugin does it, which is even less pretty! xD

NEO_Ness

Okay, I gave it a shot and it seemed to work!  Thank you!  I'll be posting an update on the forum soon.

Onto another question (maybe I should create a new thread?):  My question is how do I set it up so that you can flip cards?  I might be getting way out of my league, but without the ability to flip cards you cant necessarily play the game correctly.

AuraDragon

You can flip cards face-down by either Ctrl+Clicking the card, right clicking it and selecting "Turn Over", or by holding Ctrl when you drag the card out of your hand (or any other zone) with the mouse.