News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Am I in the right place?

Started by Kalin, February 15, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalin

I'm a wannabe game designer with lots of ideas for game mechanics, but I'm worthless at anything creative like what to put on the actual cards.

So I'm looking for someplace where I can babble about my ideas in the hopes that someone will "steal" them and do the work of actually implementing the game. Would people here be interested in hearing my ideas?

I did a little looking around online to see if there are any other places discussing CCG design, but all I could find were a couple old threads on general game design forums where most of the advice was "Don't make a CCG!".  The Lackey forum seems to be the most active and the only one with a dedicated board for CCG design.

Unfortunately, many of my ideas won't work in Lackey (single-player games, complicated deck building rules).

Koziu

Hi Kalin,

I am not sure if this is the right place - since activity on this forum is not that impressive at it used to be :)
But I encourage you to do so anyway. Maybe someone will use your idea.

On my part I can say that I always try read other people ideas - those that are great are worth implementing. Those that are not... well its always better is someone else is making them :)

Dan55

Yes, things seem to have fallen off badly.  But you never know when they might pick up again.

xlovedajawax

What kind of ideas do you have? I am a CCG creator and who knows if i i like it, i may be willing to help you make it. I have been playing CCGs for over 15 years and have gone to countless competitions for various games, my current one is DBZ by Panini. But i have played MTG, YGO, Pokemon, Zatchbell, Duel Masters, Inuyasha, DBZ Score, DBZ Panini, and i have created a few of my own, i am actually making a plugin for one of mine now, its called Orikan TCG.