News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Peer to Peer Games

Started by MasterJediAdam, April 05, 2015, 01:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterJediAdam

Is it possible for players to play P2P without using the Internet, assuming they are on the same network?

Trevor

Yes. Have one person host a game and the other person connect to them with the host's LAN ip. No need to use the server tab at all.

MasterJediAdam

So I have been trying to get this to work for some time now, but with no success. Can you walk me through the process? When I use the prompts I get an IP and a Port (something like 25710). Do I need to decide a port it that one is not working? Also, do I need to change a setting on my router to enable that functionality (like UDP)?

Trevor

Quote from: MasterJediAdam on July 04, 2015, 06:12:37 AM
So I have been trying to get this to work for some time now, but with no success. Can you walk me through the process? When I use the prompts I get an IP and a Port (something like 25710). Do I need to decide a port it that one is not working? Also, do I need to change a setting on my router to enable that functionality (like UDP)?
depending on your router settings and firewalls you may need to allow certain ports. Lackey requires both tcp and udp ports. How to enable connections is really specific to your particular networking setup so you need to google that. But lackey works the same way as many other networking programs so if you google a similar process for another networking program that should also work with lackey.

If you are not on the same lan, you can connect to the lackey server and do the test I lackey to see if you need to use the proxy server. That test will also reveal if you are able to host without the server at all, ie, if you're p2p network settings are correct.