News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Looking for data on tabletop gamers

Started by Nascent, May 28, 2015, 11:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nascent

Greetings! I'm doing research for a paper on tabletop gaming as both a hobby and an industry, but the kind of data I'm looking for is proving rather difficult to find. If anyone's interested in assisting my research, I'd hugely appreciate if you could answer the following questions for me:

QuoteWhat is your gender: (Male, Female, Other)
If willing, please indicate your ethnicity:
Please indicate your age group: ([12 - 18], [19 - 24], [25 - 29], [30 - 34], [35 - 39], [40 - 44], [45 - 49], [50+]
Do you live in the United States?: (Yes/No)
If Yes, which state do you live in?:
If No, what country do you live in?:
Do you live in an urban, suburban, or rural area?: (Choose One)

With tabletop gaming, do you play roleplaying games, war games, both, or other types?: (If 'other types', please explain or give examples.)
On average, how many hours per month you you typically spend playing tabletop games?: ([2 - 5], [6 - 10], [11 - 20], [20+])
By your estimate, what is the longest time you've spent on a single session of tabletop gaming?:
On average, how much money do you spend over a years' time on miniatures, dice, army kits, supplies, rulebooks, and other merchandise related to tabletop gaming?:

Based on your experiences, rate how difficult you think it is for inexperienced newcomers to get started in tabletop gaming: ([Easy], [Slightly Easy], [Slightly Difficult], [Difficult], [Very Difficult])

Based on your experiences, rate the value for money (VFM) of most tabletop games: ([Low VFM], [Average VFM], [High VFM])

Based on your experiences, rate how responsive the tabletop gaming industry as a whole is to the wants and needs of its customers: ([Not Very Responsive], [Somewhat Responsive], [Sufficiently Responsive], [Very Responsive])

How much do you feel that 3D Printing will impact the way tabletop gamers operate in the near future (2 to 5 years)?: ([Minor Impact], [Some Impact], [Moderate Impact], [Strong Impact])

How much do you feel that Augmented Reality will impact the way tabletop gamers operate in the near future (2 to 5 years)?: ([Minor Impact], [Some Impact], [Moderate Impact], [Strong Impact])

How much do you feel that other technologies will impact the way tabletop gamers operate in the near future (2 - 5 years)?: ([Minor Impact], [Some Impact], [Moderate Impact], [Strong Impact])

What changes, if any, would you like to see in tabletop gaming over the next five years?: ([More Games / Greater Diversity of Games], [Less Expensive Materials / Greater Use of 3D Printing], [Shift Towards Technology / Development of Augmented Reality Tabletop Gaming], [Greater Coordination Between Industry and Players], [More "Newbie"-Friendly Games / Expanded Player Community], [Other {Please Specify}], [None / No Changes])

My sincere thanks in advance to anyone who fills out the questionnaire -- your input is invaluable, trust me. ^_^